Location: New York, New York, United States
Requisition Number: 181
Position Title: Retail Inventory Lead
Snowboarding is a social sport, and as part of this team, you’ll be the direct connection between consumers and our brand. We are passionate about riding, knowledgeable about the products that make the experience event better, and above all, stoked to share the excitement and expertise. Our stores are designed to get customers amped on riding, and offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment.
We are searching for a qualified Seasonal Part-Time Inventory Associate to work in our store.
What You Get to Do:
- Provide a superior customer experience for all Burton guests
- Comply with all Burton procedures in meeting sales goals and protecting company assets
- Support Management in daily operations (opening & closing the store) and achieving store sales
- Responsible for all daily shipping and receiving processes and functions, including: Receiving, flooring and back stocking inventory deliveries, processing all outgoing shipments, transfers and special orders, maintaining accurate inventory records and logs, maintaining organized stockrooms and managing shipping supplies.
- Run point on all inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory process
- Set the Burton example for all other associates to follow
- Take an active role in coaching, teaching, and training team employees on shipping and receiving and inventory management best practices
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 1 – 3 years of Retail experience, preferably in a comparable position
- A positive, outgoing personality to bring the Burton passion to top levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong knowledge and background of snowboarding products and their application is preferred, but not required
- Ability to proficiently operate a Windows based system, Retail Pro POS system experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Continually able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service and loss prevention
- Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, and store merchandising
- Continually able to walk up and down staircase, carrying boxes, product, and other necessary store related items
- Ability to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean
- Ability to safely lift boxes up to 50 lbs
- Comfortable climbing ladders
Community / Marketing Title: Inventory Associate
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US
CountryEEOText_Description: We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.