Environmental Design Intern
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 192
Position Title: Intern
Burton is committed to elevating our retail formats and experiences with relentless focus on the customer. We have an immediate opening for an Environmental Design Intern within the Burton Global Retail Environments team. In this role, you will collaborate to create visual communications and visualize Retail Environment concepts as detailed 2D/3D renderings. You will gain valuable experience working and collaborating with marketing and creative teams, as well as insight into retail environmental design planning and store development process.
We’re seeking creative, detail-oriented individuals who always keep the end user in mind. Applicants must have experience with 3D modeling and the ability to use drawing/lighting techniques to produce natural looking renderings.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Work with the Retail Environments and Marketing Creative teams to bring their ideation and visual direction to life as 3D renderings
- Illustrate retail displays, fixtures and visual merchandising direction as realistic renderings for use in marketing directives and visual guidebooks
- Assist with creating visual directive documents for guiding in-store marketing campaigns and retail displays
- Prepare production-ready artwork for 3D, print or digital applications
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions and concept development for new environmental design initiatives
- Collect and catalogue store material samples, store photos and other related digital files
- Support departmental organization and archiving as needed
Recent graduate or current college student in Architecture, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Graphic Design or other related study with a minimum of 1 year of attendance
- Proficiency in 3D software, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite with a portfolio or examples demonstrating 3D rendering skills
- Knowledgeable of and/or interest in premium retail environments
- Strong attention to detail and pro-active; able to produce with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Prior internship experience a plus
- This is a paid position and eligible for college credit. Required availability is 10-20 hours a week during typical business hours.
- This internship will be based in Burlington, Vermont at the Global headquarters
Community / Marketing Title: Environmental Design Intern
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.