Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 204
Position Title: Controller
Our Corporate Controller is a leadership position with broad accountability for Burton’s global finance functions including accounting, tax, and treasury. In this role, you will balance technical expertise and commercial sensibility to deliver a financial control environment aligned with Burton’s business and culture.
What You Get to Do:
- Drive and evolve our forward-looking financial vision.
- Lead Burton’s control environment to achieve our strategic objectives, provide reliable financial reporting to stakeholders, operate our business efficiently and effectively, comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and safeguard our assets.
- Oversee our global accounting and consolidation team with responsibility for delivering timely and accurate monthly financial statements in accordance with USGAAP. Maintain global accounting policies and direct the implementation of new standards. Serve as primary relationship manager to the external auditors.
- Oversee our tax function and external service providers for US and Canadian income taxes, sales and use taxes, goods and services taxes, etc. Lead all aspects of Burton’s global transfer pricing strategy and support international offices with foreign income taxes.
- Oversee our global treasury and accounts payable functions. Lead all aspects of Burton’s banking relationships to ensure efficient use of capital and on-going liquidity. Oversee Burton’s global insurance and foreign currency hedging programs.
- Partner with our corporate planning team in responsibilities, systems, processes, and calendars.
- Create value for Burton by contributing as a strategic and technical partner to our CFO and senior leadership team. Communicate effectively regarding complex financial matters.
- Demonstrate inspiring leadership and develop a world-class team.
- Partner with our CFO on other projects, initiatives, and duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance or accounting is required.
- CPA license is strongly preferred.
- At least 15 years of progressive experience including public accounting and relevant industry experience with multinational companies.
- Strong knowledge of USGAAP including global consolidation.
- Strong treasury, cash management and foreign currency hedging experience.
- Working knowledge of federal income taxes, foreign corporate taxes and global transfer pricing.
- Experience with ERP systems, Infor preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Controller
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.