Rapid Prototype Technician
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 205
Position Title: Rapid Development Technician
Create physical prototypes and technical components from 2D/3D files and techpacks according to exact design specifications created by our engineering and development teams. Leverage a variety of digital and analogue techniques, tools, materials, and processes to create physical models.
What You Get to Do:
- Responsible for the operation of five+ types of 3D printing machinery including laser sintering, poly-jet, and FDM type printing in a fast-paced, innovation focused environment.
- Collaborate with our engineering team to transform digital files into looks like and feels like physical prototypes and components on all Burton products including, but not limited to, googles, helmets, backpack parts, boots, bindings, and boards.
- Manage post processing of 3D builds including cleaning, sanding, curing, painting, etc.
- Manage and support the flow of the process within the Rapid Prototype Shop with a hands-on and constant improvement mind-set.
- Maintain and operate all related tools, equipment, and supplies needed in Shop. Connect with our sustainability program and maximize mechanical properties of the parts.
- Responsible for the upkeep, cleaning, and cleanliness of Shop and 3D printing machines.
- Continuously increase personal and team’s knowledge of latest technological trends in rapid prototyping.
- Support and consult on advanced concepts in modeling, research, and execution as relates to rapid prototyping.
- Document and house data related to builds.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Proficient knowledge of computer software required to run prototype machinery and equipment.
- A passion for innovation with a curious, constant learning mentality.
- A friendly, flexible, agile and positive attitude with the ability to comfortably interact with many different types of teammates.
- Lots of energy, focus, and dedication.
- The ability to work under pressure and remain results oriented.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule depending on build requirements and machine operation.
- The ability to work with Solvents, Chemicals, Polyurethane, Epoxy, and Silicones.
- The ability to identify design issues and offer solutions to improve functionality and manufacturability of product.
- The ability to work independently under a deadline on several projects simultaneously with minimal input.
- The ability to problem solve and trouble shoot errors with mechanical equipment.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to work in a shop/lab environment and be comfortable working with industrial machinery.
Community / Marketing Title: Rapid Prototype Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.