Assistant Program Coordinator
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 258
Position Title: Chill Local Coordinator
Chill’s mission is to inspire youth to overcome challenges through boardsports. The Chill Toronto Assistant Program Coordinator works 16-30 hours/week, in Chill’s Toronto program site and reports to Chill’s Toronto Program Coordinator. The Assistant Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting with all day-to-day operations of Chill Toronto’s Spring and Summer Skateboard and Stand-Up Paddleboard Programs.
This is a part time, seasonal position, starting in June. Must be able to commit to program schedule of Tuesdays and Thursdays in May through August with the potential of additional duties pending grant funding. Successful candidate must be 30 years old or younger to qualify for government funding requirements.
- Set-up and tear-down mobile skateboard park, ability to move object 40-120 lbs with assistance
- Organize and manage equipment (skateboards, helmets, pads) to ensure longevity and condition of equipment
- Help deliver programming that is consistent with Chill’s curriculum, engaging volunteers and agency leads, and exceeding the standards set in the Chill Quality Assessment (CQA), including DIY “Build Your Own Skateboard” projects
- Help organize, prep, and maintain all program paperwork and supplies
- Co-lead weekly core value lessons and activities
- Help track participant, agency lead, and volunteer attendance at the program
- Ensure all participants are properly outfitted, are receiving proper level of skateboard instruction, and are learning and advancing at a safe yet challenging pace
- Assist with season set-up and season closure tasks such as; organizing gear space, taking inventory, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Help administer all program performance, agency performance, and program participant Outcomes Based Evaluation (OBE) processes
- Drive Chill vehicle from storage site to program locations.
Development and Marketing:
- Contribute content for local site specific social media accounts
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s License and ability to drive 9’ cargo van
- Work Ethic/Organization:
- Highly organized, self-starter, and go-getter
- Experience working independently, managing time efficiently, and setting own schedule
- Must be located in the site of hire and/or have had experience in that community
- Youth Experience:
- Must have professional paid experience working with youth
- Must have experience working with youth of culturally and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
- Preferred experience managing and leading groups of at least 10 youth
- Relevant education, training, or experience in social work, psychology, education, recreation, adventure learning, youth program facilitation or similar field
- Must hold or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification
- Must have strong communication skills
- Preferred experience recruiting, managing or leading adults volunteers and external partners
- Must have access to a working cell phone and computer
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Program Coordinator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA