Digital Content Specialist
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 303
Position Title: Digital Content Specialist - Marketing
We’re looking for a new member of the Burton Content Marketing team who will specialize in channeling the voice and values of the Burton brand and community on our global social channels and website.
As part of the Burton Consumer Marketing team, the Digital Content Specialist will drive and execute creative content for social and blog projects for both Burton’s social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Youtube.)
All candidates will be required to submit social content samples, which can include examples of Instagram posts, Instagram Stories, video, blog or website content.
What You Get to Do:
- Content planning, creation, and execution for the Burton global social channels and the Burton blog in accordance with global content strategy.
- Write on-brand social & blog copy, work with and manipulate photo and video assets, shoot and/or curate Instagram Stories as needed, including on-snow content.
- Ability to source and curate content by collaborating with athletes, contributors, employees, brand ambassadors and UGC for use on social media, blogs, and Burton.com.
- Work closely with Content Strategist to understand content strategy and goals, meet content calendar deadlines, contribute to our Go-To-Market process including submitting asset requests, and properly deploy content to various distribution channels.
- Schedule and deploy posts across all Burton social channels using social scheduling platforms or directly in platform.
- Work on quick-turnaround, reactive projects that help Burton stay relevant in community and/or global social conversations.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed, and be on-call as needed for social content creation.
- Execution of major event coverage as part of a team, including pre-event and on-site.
- Compile analytics and create reports in regular intervals and ad hoc as requested by marketing leadership.
- Public-facing engagement with social audiences, including answering customer’s questions as needed and corresponding with others to represent the brand.
- Work seamlessly with regional counterparts to ensure successful communication, sharing of assets, and execution of global brand initiatives.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
Qualified candidates will have a passion for digital storytelling, strong creative writing skills, and basic video and photo editing experience. Extensive knowledge and experience with all aforementioned social media and content management platforms required. Successful candidates will have meticulous attention to detail, proofreading and editing skills, ability to manage multiple projects and timelines, plus superior editorial judgement, organizational and communication skills. Fluency or willingness to learn Google Analytics and/or other analytics/reporting systems, Adobe Bridge, Photoshop, and Premiere is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or applicable field.
- Qualified candidates will possess strong creative writing/grammar skills, photo & video editing experience.
- 2+ years of experience in hands-on social/community management for a brand.
- Extensive knowledge of social media and content management platforms.
- Experience with Google Analytics, especially building links with UTM tracking.
- Background in or passion for climate issues, social justice and human rights and ability to clearly articulate the Burton brand’s position on these values across digital platforms.
- Knowledge of snowboarding culture and familiarity with happenings in snowboarding community preferable.
Community / Marketing Title: Digital Content Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.