Prototype Shop Technician
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 430
Position Title: Prototype Shop Technician
Burton’s Prototype Manufacturing Technicians are key team members of our Advanced Concept and Development Center Prototype Facility. In this role, you will be responsible for over-all prototyping duties while concurrently bringing together prototyping, manufacturing, and technology. You will share your knowledge and experience in all aspects of the snowboard manufacturing process. You will have the opportunity to embrace and drive new manufacturing technologies and share your knowledge of alternative manufacturing processes.
What You Get to Do:
- Perform the physical labor to create snowboard prototypes, including lay-up, grinding, finishing, procurement. Complete a job request from start to finish, building to an engineering design request to meet desired outcome.
- Participate in the Burton Protoshop’s on-going desire for efficiency and innovation by bringing new ideas and manufacturing experience.
- Be responsible for the “design for manufacturing” process.
- Utilize craftsmanship and hands to create new processes and prototypes.
- Utilize and share your experience in building snowboards and snowboard processing.
- Utilize and share your experience in materials and construction.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- A depth of experience, knowledge and skill in a technical/functional area including materials, construction and manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of snowboard (or general) factory manufacturing processes and design for manufacture.
- A keen eye for quality, efficiency and attention to detail.
- The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- The ability to develop, support or sponsor the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies that meet a customer need.
- The ability and desire to work cooperatively with others to improve overall team performance. The ability to demonstrate desire, skill, and success in getting groups to work together.
- The ability to methodically problem solve and to identify work to be done on a project and/or issues that may impede its completion; the ability to act before the situation requires it.
- Bonus: the ability to read engineering requirements/CAD and translate into a design is a plus.
- Bonus: knowledge of CNC machining, snowboard machinery, and programming is a plus.
This is a mobile position, which will require walking and standing on feet for a majority of the day in a manufacturing setting. This position requires the ability to lift at least 20+lbs.
Community / Marketing Title: Prototype Shop Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.