Location: United States
Requisition Number: 432
Position Title: Chill Local Coordinator
Why does Chill exist?
Chill exists to ensure youth have the skills and experiences to become mindful, independent, and resilient individuals who instinctively view any challenge as a growth opportunity; to bridge the boardsport and outdoor opportunity gap and foster a sense of belonging within a cool, authentic, and alternative culture; and to create inclusive space and meaningful experiences for youth from marginalized communities and intersecting identities, of all races, sexual orientations, gender identities, socio-economic backgrounds, and more.
How does Chill achieve this?
Revolving around a core value-driven curriculum, Chill programs consist of experiential learning activities, reflection, and discussion, paired with board sport lessons. Chill’s six core values provide youth with a foundation and framework for learning and growth, supported and enhanced through on-board progression and adult mentorship. Chill removes all barriers to accessing boardsports by providing participants with everything they need to get after it, at absolutely no cost. New skills gained through boardsport progression and core-value exploration are then directly applied to everyday life, challenging youth to step out of their comfort zone – both on and off their board.
Finance Coordinator Job Description:
The Finance Coordinator provides administrative support to the Director of Finance and Operations as well as the Executive Director. Chill is growing rapidly worldwide and as a result, the organization’s registration, reporting, and accounting needs are becoming more complex and more time intensive. This role will play an integral role in ensuring compliance with various one-time and ongoing federal, state, and local requirements in addition to providing detailed administrative support as needed.
This position is year round, hourly/non-exempt, 40 hours/week, $20.00/hour, with benefits. Benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short and long term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
- Manage all Chill governmental registrations, including, but not limited to; Secretary of State filings, charitable filings, federal filings, and state registrations. Process to include online filing of applications, tracking due dates and payments and aiding with development of a new tracking system.
- Perform day to-day accounting functions as assigned; record accounts payable and accounts receivable, process invoices and follow up with suppliers and partners as needed, collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets, run reports as requested.
- Prepare a manual for all accounting functions to serve as backup for the department using OneNote or a similar product.
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Assist with preparing and review of financial statements and reports, confirming department spending adheres to budgets, and ensuring all calculations and data entries are correct.
- Provide administrative support for the department.
- Communicate with vendors and other external parties to ensure accurate contact and organizational information.
- Provide support during budget preparation and with annual audits.
- Provide suggestions for process, policy, and procedure improvements.
- Contribute to Chill’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals through individual and collaborative actions, ideas, and decision-making.
- Relevant education, training, or experience in non-profit finance support including interacting with databases and utilization of Microsoft Office products with a focus on Microsoft Excel
- Minimum basic knowledge of Quickbooks Online or similar accounting system
- Work Ethic/Organization:
- Organized and self-motivated
- Experience working independently, managing time efficiently, and setting own schedule
- Proven ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize to meet goals and objectives
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the Chill Foundation
- Must be in the United States within a reasonable travel distance of an existing Chill location
- Ability to work remotely. This position is in a typical, stationary office setting. Over 80% of the day will be spent sitting in 1 location
- Adaptable and effective working with various stakeholders
- Team focused and results oriented with specific examples of both
- Committed to upholding group norms, with a skill set of active listening, vulnerability, and curiosity
- Strong communication skills and be able to provide examples of professional communication
- Ability to use personal cell phone for work related tasks
Please submit an application with resume and cover letter on why you want to work for Chill. Applicants identified for first round selections will be provided with “Your Chill Timeline” encompassing what your work in this role will entail within 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months on the job. Other steps may include questions via email to gain further insight into your experience, an informal phone call to connect on details of the role/ask questions, and one or more formal interviews via Zoom.
Chill is committed to building an inclusive team, and strongly encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities to apply. We will prioritize filling this position with qualified candidates who reflect our youth through lived experience as someone from a marginalized community or with diverse and intersecting identities, including race, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, and more.
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Coordinator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.