Global QA Lead - Web Development, Consumer Direct
Multiple Locations: Burlington, Vermont, United States • United States
Requisition Number: 462
Position Title: QA Lead
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
As our QA Lead, you will be responsible for delivering and maintaining high-quality, customer-facing features and functionality on Burton.com. You will work closely with an in-house team of Product Owners, Developers, Designers, and UX professionals to establish and coordinate user-centric testing practices. We are not afraid to innovate to serve the business, and we believe in continuous incremental improvement. Our projects are guided by what our customers need across North America, Europe, and Japan. You will be the quality evangelist ensuring that releases are defect-free and any technical debt is addressed.
What You Get to Do:
- Establish efficient, repeatable testing methodology and approach
- Create, maintain, and enforce test plan for new feature requests, integrations, and ongoing maintenance and support
- Work closely with Product Management, UX, and Dev to establish and agree to key testing points and criteria within the development cycle
- Identify and document technical risks
- Document expected outcomes and ensure alignment with final product
- Identify and establish automated QA processes where appropriate
- Manage testing process throughout the development cycle to ensure committed work meets established criteria
- Document and contextualize defects beyond a list of bugs and ensure team members understand impact on the end goal
- Participate in stand ups representing QA status and escalate high-risk items to the project team if necessary
- Facilitate and support User Acceptance Testing by communicating test plan, criteria, and methods
- Monitor system performance and proactively identify quality concerns and opportunities for improvement
- Manage ongoing maintenance and support work
- Evangelize the importance delivering quality for our customers within the project team and across the stakeholder group
- Stay on top of product and industry trends
What You’ll Bring to The Team:
- 2-5 years of experience in a dedicated or heavy testing role within a software development team
- Experience with both automated and hands-on testing methodologies and best practices
- Experience leading QA efforts for a customer-facing Ecomm product
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud not required, but a plus
- Familiarity with Agile development principles
- Strong technical analysis and documentation skills
Community / Marketing Title: Global QA Lead - Web Development, Consumer Direct
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.