Global Sr. Web Merchandiser, Consumer Direct
Multiple Locations: Burlington, Vermont, United States • United States
Requisition Number: 465
Position Title: Sr. Web Merchandiser
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
The Global Web Merchandising Lead will manage the presentation of all digital content with a customer-first mindset, bringing to life our product line and seasonal campaign strategies on all digital transactional sites. They will have a large voice in the overall user experience, testing strategies and workflows and be the liaison between eCommerce, Merchandising, Digital Product, Customer Service and Marketing teams. As a leader on the Global eCommerce team, they will be responsible for driving increased conversion rates and revenue per visitor by delivering a user friendly, memorable shopping experience. The ideal candidate will be a forward thinker who can identify impactful insights and communicate these learnings, while possessing a can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. They will foster strong collaboration and communication with regional Merchandising Leads to ensure regional feedback and business needs are considered in global strategies.
What You Get to Do:
- Unify regional merchandising resources into a globally cohesive and collaborative team of Web Merchandising and Content Programing leaders.
- Establish globally consistent Web Merchandising KPI’s/metrics and reporting templates/cadence to ensure web metrics are integrated into the vernacular of the business (i.e. PowerBI, Google Analytics, SFCC), and ultimately champion an improved companywide Digital IQ.
- Leverage an intense curiosity to learn, define and globally implement eCommerce merchandising best practices, operational processes and tools to achieve globally consistent, best in class merchandising standards while balancing the need for regional nuance to achieve relevancy.
- Use prototyping to explore, test and validate/reject new web merchandising tactics.
- Maintain a suite of daily and monthly online merchandising tasks including optimization of sorting rules, filters, product placement, search management, etc.
- Have a constant optimization mindset to make incremental improvements to taxonomy, website layout, onsite search, navigation, features and functionality based on analysis of identified key performance indicators and customer data.
- Remain customer-obsessed in all aspects of the job – looking for opportunities to remove existing friction points in the online journey, customer product discovery process, and ultimately enhancing consumer engagement and conversion.
- Oversee seasonal product launches to ensure accurate SKU-level details are reflected on all global websites to support product conversion.
- Work with the Marketing team to define customer groups and design in-cart and post-purchase engagement strategies that drive cross- and up-sell revenue.
- Partner with Merchandising and Marketing teams to develop compelling merchandising themes, product copy and storytelling for each season and across categories including online shops to feature trends, marketing initiatives, and promotions.
- Lead the management of marketing materials and ensure compliance with updated brand and style guidelines.
- Conduct competitive analysis to evaluate merchandise, promotions, features, and product presentation to inform future strategies. Maintain calendar/history of competitor promotions.
- Manage critical vendor relationships for development, testing, execution, and maintenance including key partners such as Curalate, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Remain current with eCommerce and adjacent technologies to ensure Burton.com and Burton.com/anon are best-in-class as part of the evolving digital transformation strategy(ies).
- Utilize ongoing continuing education courses and workshops to remain current on relevant technologies (i.e. Google Analytics) and web merchandising processes and practices.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 4-6 years of web merchandising experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated work experience in data analysis and project management.
- Detail-oriented and pro-active; able to produce with a high level of accuracy and to take ownership for actions.
- Demonstrate sound judgment by making effective decisions and being able to support decisions with facts. Includes others in decision making process and makes decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally, to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with project management experience.
- Experience working cross-functionally with marketing, product management, web developers, merchants, and product development teams.
- Experience leading in a global role while collaborating with regional stakeholders and counterparts.
- Basic HTML and CSS familiarity required.
- Preference given to candidates with Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and Salesforce Service Cloud platform experience.
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
If living in Burlington is not an option, we are absolutely open to candidates living in/working from other locations (in the US).
Community / Marketing Title: Global Sr. Web Merchandiser, Consumer Direct
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.