Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 522
Position Title: Designer
We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries, and we are looking for those who can grow, think, and dream. Let’s create attitude.
As a member of the Burton Brand Creative team, the Designer will work as part of a team that translates brand objectives and concepts into innovative design solutions that are authentic to Burton’s identity and brand values while driving a consumer-centric point of view in all bodies of work. The ideal candidate will have an interest in living an active lifestyle, snowboard culture, the outdoors, art, music, fashion, and experiences. Our crew thinks big and executes accordingly. This is the opportunity to learn, grow, and play a key role on an industry-leading creative team.
What You'll Get To Do
- Work on the concepting and creative execution of a wide range of projects, digital, print, environments, experiences
- Research and brainstorm with team members to create and innovate ideas/solutions
- Create identities, logos, and branding assets
- Develop comprehensive photo and creative documents
- Be responsible for the visual appearance of pixel-perfect, organized and easy-to-understand design assets and documents
- Respond to feedback and provide constructive feedback
- Work in a collaborative team environment
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-6 years of professional design experience
- Fluency in the areas of creative standards, digital design, graphic design, UX, typography, color theory, composition, illustration, and content development
- Ability to effectively communicate and articulate concepts and creative directions
- A systematic approach and the ability to work in many different styles (hand-drawn to digital)
- Expertise in the use of Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- A broad understanding of outdoor and snow industries with a passion for snowboarding
- Ability to work quickly and stay calm under pressure
- Self-motivator who can generate ideas for projects independently and collaboratively
- Laser-sharp attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently and proactively
**Please submit a portfolio or link to online portfolio with your application.**
Community / Marketing Title: Designer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.