Softgoods Commercialization Product Developer
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 524
Position Title: Developer II
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
As our Softgoods Commercialization Developer, you will work in tandem with the Creative, Merchandising, Advanced Development, Raw Material, Technical Design, Sourcing, Asia Merchandising and Global Quality teams to finalize commercialization of the product by creating specifications for production while meeting calendar deadlines and target margins.
What You Get to Do:
- Develop and foster a collaborative partnership with the Asia Merchandising team to facilitate seamless product development through bulk production.
- Manage costing data in PLM. Be responsible for identifying opportunities for cost savings, efficient manufacturing, and construction that meet quality requirements. Strive to outperform margin goals while protecting product integrity.
- Present and execute alternative options for construction, etc. when needed in order to meet margin goals while maintaining design intent/ aesthetic, product integrity and functionality.
- Input and maintain accurate data in PLM for current styles/ colors, bill of materials, style evaluations, costing, and technical sketches.
- Streamline processes to support efficiency & agility. Ensure consistent, accurate information/ communication to support desired product execution.
- Facilitate the hand-off from product development to assigned production vendor. Assist in troubleshooting any issues as needed.
- Manage multi-season development calendars tracking seasonal product development progress and reporting in PLM.
- Maintain product specifications for sales mediums as required.
- Partner with Quality & Design team to troubleshoot manufacturing issues that may arise and incorporate learnings in future seasons; drive continuous improvement.
- Facilitate strong external and internal communication with the focus on superior product quality.
- Communicate with cross functional teams on a regular basis throughout the development process to ensure finished goods meet our planned schedules and quality standards.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 5+ years of product development, production, or sourcing experience; prior experience in apparel with knowledge of garment construction and specs is a must. Retail calendar/ speed-to-market background preferred.
- Strong knowledge of global sourcing, manufacturing, and the costing process.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office 365 and PLM systems preferred.
- Keen attention to detail, strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A deadline-driven mindset and have a pro-active approach to problem solving and be comfortable with changing priorities.
- Must be passionate about product and the development process.
- Must have the ability to work in a global team environment while having fun!
Community / Marketing Title: Softgoods Commercialization Product Developer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.