Consumer Insights & Analytics Manager
Multiple Locations: Burlington, Vermont, United States • United States
Requisition Number: 534
Position Title: Customer Insights Manager
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
This position is responsible for leveraging Burton’s owned consumer data, syndicated data, and primary quantitative research to create actionable consumer insights, reporting, and measurement. This role is integral to advancing Burton’s knowledge of our consumers and in quantifying the impact of our efforts to serve them. You’ll need to mine multiple sources of data, derive actionable insights, and translate complex results into simple conclusions that will empower the business to take action to win with consumers. A balance of business knowledge, technical data analysis skills, and communication skills are needed to thrive in this cross-functional role.
What You Get to Do:
Consumer Data Analytics (70%)
- Develop and implement a consumer data roadmap in partnership with Advanced Analytics that leverages Burton’s consumer data to advance consumer segmentation and provide an understanding of key business behaviors such as customer acquisition, cross-sell, consumer retention, lifetime value, channel preferences, loyalty, and shopping behavior.
- Obtain a deep understanding of business drivers through data exploration; make recommendations to optimize strategy and deepen our understanding of customer behaviors
- Leverage and synthesize a variety of data sources (syndicated and owned) to provide a holistic understanding of global consumer behaviors, preferences, motivations, and purchase behaviors.
- Perform deep-dives to analyze problems, identify opportunities and suggest experiments based on findings
- Leads and implements development of consumer-centric benchmarks including leading and lagging KPI’s.
- Translates insight to action, identifying strategic opportunities and providing actionable recommendations for business strategy, including current product line, messaging, merchandising, new consumer needs, white spaces and target audience segments.
- Designs and implements consumer reports, dashboards and presentations for the consumption of cross functional stakeholders.
- Engage and influence senior executives & functional leaders with strategic recommendations based on consumer analytics.
Ad Hoc Quantitative Consumer Insights Research (30%)
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define the most important research questions, design methodologies, lead research, facilitate synthesis to get to compelling insights, and finally turn the insights into action.
- Plan and implement quantitative research projects that support company-wide initiatives.
- Conduct quantitative research on: brand positioning, attribution and consumer journeys, product development and usage, advertising development, pricing research, claims research, consumer segmentation, brand perceptions, lifestyle trends, competitive analysis, and larger industry trends.
- Represent the voice of the customer, blending data-driven insights with qualitative sources to promote a customer-centric culture and answer key question about our current and future consumers.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 3+ years of experience in consumer insights and analytics, using & synthesizing large consumer data sets involving market, wholesale, brick & mortar, and e-commerce information. Experience performing advanced quantitative analysis to provide a holistic understanding of consumer behavior. Demonstrated strong technical and analytical aptitude.
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis and experiment design (i.e. regression, decision trees, clustering, maxdiff, conjoint, van westendorp, etc.)
- Expert in SQL and database table design - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Proficiency in R or Python
- Experience in data warehousing concepts, big data technologies, and analytics platforms
- Development experience with BI platforms such as Power BI, Birst
- Experienced in planning, conducting and analyzing quantitative research studies, including survey and sample design and
- Experience designing and conducting research across quantitative methods (e.g. consumer segmentation, brand tracking, pricing, packaging, advertising, concept product testing, focus groups, ethnographies, decision journey, market sizing, NPS/customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Experience using quantitative market research tools (e.g. Qualtrics)
- Ability to simplify complex concepts and make them easily understandable to partners outside of the Insights community.
- Strong communication and data visualization skills - can translate complex concepts into everyday terms to influence both peers and senior leadership
- Skilled at creating impactful and cohesive research decks
- A clear, empathetic communicator (both in person and in writing)
- Natural curiosity and passionate for understanding consumer behavior and attitudes
- An optimistic, high-energy problem solver
- Collaborative and excited to work with many different teams
- Proactive, adaptable, and comfortable managing shifting timelines and priorities
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
If living in Burlington is not an option, we are absolutely open to candidates living in/working from other locations (in the US). In this scenario, we would expect the person hired to generally be available during eastern time zone hours.
Community / Marketing Title: Consumer Insights & Analytics Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.