Team Lead - Salesforce Commerce Cloud Web Development
Multiple Locations: Burlington, Vermont, United States • United States
Requisition Number: 541
Position Title: Web Developer
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
A Web Developer Team Lead at Burton takes our brand to the web, to give customers in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific information about our gear, sell our product online, share news about our company and its mission, and evangelize the sport and our lifestyle.
We are an in-house development team that builds and maintains www.burton.com for a global group of stakeholders, as well as a small portfolio of other sites for specific business needs. We work with web designers, user experience experts, project managers, and other developers to collaborate, plan, develop and deploy bleeding-edge web applications. We are digitally transforming our business in many areas, and our team has the mission to bring our digital business to the customer, meeting them where they are, whoever they are, and being responsive to their needs every time they engage with us.
On the server-side burton.com is built with the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) platform. If you have SFCC experience, our site uses a version of the SGJC reference application now, but our goal is to orient our architecture around SFRA. We also have some OCAPI integrations. We integrate SFCC with a number of vendors and their systems, as well as several other Salesforce clouds.
SFCC experience isn’t required, though. Many of the members of our team have become SFCC devs after coming to us from other environments, and we have a strong culture of collaboration and support. An understanding of eCommerce and/or experience building full-stack apps on a cloud platform with a server-side technology like Java, .NET, or Python will go a long way.
We are not afraid to innovate to serve the business, and we believe in continuous incremental improvement. We are looking for candidates that know how to build on the good and refactor the bad in a large codebase, as well as create new functionality per business needs. Our projects are guided by what our customers need, so a user-centric development mindset is a must.
Because we are an in-house technical resource, we encourage candidates who are comfortable talking and writing about what they do, both to technical and non-technical collaborators. burton.com is a hub for a large number of business functions, so we need to be able to talk to people in those functional groups about what they need, and we have a customer-centric mindset with our internal teammates and business partners as well as with our customers.
A Team Lead has a dual role: they are responsible for writing code to fix bugs and implement new functionality, but they are also responsible for having 1-2 other developers as direct reports. The Team Lead will be the first line of support for their reports when they encounter roadblocks with their work, and they will serve a line of communication between them and the Development Manager. The Team Lead will mentor their reports and support their growth with weekly one-on-one meetings and quarterly performance check-ins.
What You Get to Do:
- Integrate SFCC with external systems using vendor-supplied cartridges, external REST APIs, and other techniques.
- Present engaging user interfaces to people on a variety of devices with responsive design.
- Use git for change control and collaboration.
- Talk about functionality, requirements and technical solutions to stakeholders, teammates, managers, and external partners, via team chat, Jira issues, and Zoom meetings.
- Work as a team with people from other departments as well as the other members of our team internally to help the business accomplish its web goals.
- Support 1-2 direct reports via 1 on 1 meetings, quarterly performance check-ins and communicate with the Development Manager on outcomes.
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- 3+ years of experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A proven team player
- Responsive design implementation experience
- Experience managing or mentoring others
- Solid, modern HTML/CSS is a given for everything we do
- Web tooling like Webpack, SASS
- Distributed version control like Git
- Experience in a server-side environment like Java, .NET, Python or Node
- Design and user experience collaboration experience
- Excellent communication skills
Non-required but useful skills
- SFCC development experience not required but a huge plus
- Systems integration experience
- Relational database and SQL experience
Community / Marketing Title: Team Lead - Salesforce Commerce Cloud Web Development
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.