Chill Program Quality Manager
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 568
Position Title: Chill Operations Manager
Chill’s mission is to inspire youth through boardsports. We offer a positive youth development program where snowboarding, skateboarding, surfing and paddle boarding become a vehicle for empowerment. Revolving around a core value-drive curriculum, Chill programs consist of experiential learning activities, reflection and discussion paired with boardsport lessons. Chill’s six core values provide youth with a foundation for learning and growth, supported and enhanced through on-board progression and adult mentorship. Chill removes all barriers to accessing the sports by providing youth with everything they need to get after it, at absolutely no cost. We always seek to create inclusive space and meaningful experiences for youth with intersecting identities, of all races, sexual orientations, gender identities, socio-economic backgrounds, and more.
This is a fast-paced, software and measure-focused role reporting to the VP of Global Operations to help deliver on strategic organizational goals. This role helps ensure Chill’s programmatic, operational and cultural excellence.
Specifically, we are seeking a detail oriented, data driven, mission-based manager to lead the development and execution of new software and processes that will enable community members to apply for Chill programs with minimal burden. The new software will ultimately also allow Chill staff to review and approve agencies for programs, track attendance, and report on program metrics. Chill is in the process of identifying a vendor to evaluate our current systems and recommend and develop solutions for bringing these processes online. The Program Quality Manager will work closely with the vendor both during and post launch and will be responsible for continuously updating the system once fully operational. Additionally, this role will oversee the collection and transposing of program quality metrics across our global sites and is responsible for presenting data in a transparent and accessible format.
This position is a remote, year-round, salaried/exempt, 40 hours/week, $45 to $50K dependent upon experience with benefits, starting immediately. Candidates must live in the United States or Canada within driving distance of a Chill site. West Coast candidates are encouraged to apply, with the expectation that if hired, they would work from 7 or 8 am to 3 or 4 pm PST in order to further overlap with the VP’s eastern time hours. Benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending-, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment (your pad!), and many more...
Program Software (70%)
- Drive change throughout Chill by leading our movement away from manual program registration and attendance processes
- Manage the development, launch and ongoing maintenance of Chill’s new program registration & attendance software and process:
Development & Launch:
- Manage all activities related to the development of the new software and processes
- Set achievable and time-based goals with Chill team members for software launch
- Work closely with software vendor to answer all Chill questions and with Chill staff to answer all software questions, serving as a bridge between stakeholders
- Provide ongoing updates to VP and key Chill stakeholders on project status
- Oversee and drive software testing with selected Chill staff
- Regularly review product requirements and specifications in partnership with vendor
- Provide ongoing software training to program site managers whose responsibilities include onboarding agencies, managing youth forms and tracking program attendance within the software
- Upload all programs into software, ensuring accuracy within each of Chills 15+ (and growing) sites
- Partner with Chill Finance Database Manager in downloading donor and vendor data for CRM; develop processes with Finance Manager for ongoing data streams
- Ethically handle private data, including personal data for participants
- Download all data needed for quality reports
- Provide ongoing technical support to program site managers
- Work with vendor developer as needed for updates to system
Quality Monitoring (30%)
- Provide support to VP for quality initiatives and strategy development
- Update seasonal program site dashboards; download data from Survey Monkey and program software, clean and then upload data into dashboards; read all narrative survey input and highlight key feedback; suggest and initiate process improvements
- Re-create seasonal reports in Power BI or equivalent software, serve as Chill expert on Power BI or equivalent software and manage professional and accurate data reports
- Share and organize seasonal survey downloads for programs team, including Agency Evaluations
- Provide ad-hoc data reports to Chill team as requested; train colleagues on how to access and download reports independently
- Travel to at least 1 site each season for Chill Quality Evaluations (3+ times a year); attend and evaluate program, meet with Chill staff post-evaluation, collaborate on action steps.
- Perform all other duties as assigned from time to time by team VP in service of the Global Operations Team.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- You have proven experience developing and driving systems change and training users on new processes
- You have a passion for data and believe that measurement is key to improvement
- You’re a person who is great at prioritizing objectives and managing a high-volume of work
- You’re a problem solver who enjoys helping colleagues
- You are a team player who is detail-oriented, meets deadlines and believes in setting and working towards goals
- You’re an effective communicator with the ability to actively listen, interpret, and act on what’s being communicated
- You possess both analytical and conceptual thinking skills and are comfortable with numbers and budgets
- You are accustomed to working full time with the majority of that time in front of a laptop
- You’re proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including a very strong command of Excel
- You are mission-based and believe in Chill’s work
- You have a sincere interest in boardsports and/or the outdoor industry
Preferred Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in related field and/or equivalent combination of education with at least 4 years’ relevant professional experience with increasing responsibility
- Proven data system launch/or data management experience
- Experience with program data analytics and dashboards preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented while being adaptive to a fluid environment when needed
- Ability to make decisions with minimal direction and possesses a service-oriented mindset
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a remote setting
- Travel/ Physical Demands/Essential Job Functions:
- Seasonal air/ground travel required to visit 3 Chill sites annually for program evaluation.
- When visiting Chill sites: working outdoors in all seasons/weather conditions
- Working nights and/or weekends will be required during travel/program visits.
Chill is committed to building an inclusive team, and strongly encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities to apply. We will prioritize filling this position with qualified candidates who reflect our youth through lived experience as someone from a marginalized community or with diverse and intersecting identities, including race, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, and other intersecting identities.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed for this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required. All duties are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above description is not considered a contract between the employee and the employer and does not change the at-will status of employees.
Please submit an application with resume and cover letter on why you want to work for Chill. Please note that a cover letter is required for your application. Applicants identified for first round selections will be provided with “Your Chill Timeline” encompassing what your work in this role will entail within 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months on the job. Other steps may include questions via email to gain further insight into your experience, an informal phone call to connect on details of the role/ask questions, and one or more formal interviews via Zoom.
Community / Marketing Title: Chill Program Quality Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.