Chill Marketing Content Coordinator
Multiple Locations: Burlington, Vermont, United States • United States
Requisition Number: 573
Position Title: Marketing Coordinator (Product & Mine 77)
Why does Chill exist?
Chill exists to ensure youth have the skills and experiences to become mindful, independent, and resilient individuals who instinctively view any challenge as a growth opportunity; to bridge the boardsport and outdoor opportunity gap and foster a sense of belonging within a cool, authentic, and alternative culture; and to create inclusive space and meaningful experiences for youth from marginalized communities and intersecting identities, of all races, sexual orientations, gender identities, socio-economic backgrounds, and more.
How does Chill achieve this?
Revolving around a core value-driven curriculum, Chill programs consist of experiential learning activities, reflection, and discussion, paired with board sport lessons. Chill’s six core values provide youth with a foundation and framework for learning and growth, supported and enhanced through on-board progression and adult mentorship. Chill removes all barriers to accessing boardsports by providing participants with everything they need to get after it, at absolutely no cost. New skills gained through boardsport progression and core-value exploration are then directly applied to everyday life, challenging youth to step out of their comfort zone – both on and off their board.
The Marketing Content Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Marketing, will be a creative thinker, independent self-starter, and have savvy social media skills to help us build brand awareness and elevate our online presence. This role will serve as an integral part of Chill’s Global Marketing and Development team and will be responsible for creating content daily. This includes but is not limited to writing impact stories, press releases, blog posts, newsletters, providing updated content for our website, writing content for quarterly and annual impact reports, as well as growing and expanding our social media/online presence. This role will support Chill’s global marketing efforts and the person in this position needs to be comfortable writing and talking about diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice-related issues. Work will be done primarily during standard business hours, but due to the nature of Chill’s regional and global programs, some scheduling flexibility will be needed.
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont, but this position can be based near any of our program locations in North America.
This position is full-time, year-round. It pays $41,000/year with benefits. Benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short and long term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
- Assist in developing in-depth youth stories, agency profiles, donor profiles, and features about Chill, its ambassadors, and partners in alignment with the marketing and editorial calendars
- Work with the marketing team and DEI committee to craft blog posts and social media campaigns around Chill’s racial and social justice initiatives
- Write press releases regularly that promote the organization, its programs, and its collaborations with other agencies and community partners in an effort to grow the organization’s public presence through strategic local, national, and global press outreach
- Create and manage a portfolio of media organizations in each Chill location, developing relationships with reporters at each news outlet
- Support the social media strategy, execution, and engagement across various enterprise social media accounts
- Respond and communicate with all internal and external users on social media platforms, representing the brand voice and values
- Other relevant duties as assigned
Preferred Qualification & Experience:
- 2-5 years combination of education and experience in a relevant role or field of study
- Excellent writing abilities and comfort wordsmithing in both long- and short-form across a variety of mediums, including: email, blogs & newsletters, social posts, infographics, and more
- Stellar communication skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues across departments
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and google analytics
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion for boardsports and/or youth development
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed for this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required. All duties are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above description is not considered a contract between the employee and the employer and does not change the at-will status of employees.
Please submit an application with resume and cover letter on why you want to work for Chill.
Community / Marketing Title: Chill Marketing Content Coordinator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.