Merchandising Process Coordinator
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 581
Position Title: Assistant-Associate Product Line Manager-Merchant
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
Merchandising is the way of the world for retail and consumer brands. For merchants at Burton, everything begins and ends with the customer. The Merchandising team understands business goals, regional needs, customer behavior, trends and market competition and uses it to determine what products we want to offer, how we plan to leverage these to hit our financial goals and how they ultimately show up during a customer’s experience with the brand.
This role ensures the alignment and efficiency of operations, creating and implementing change or improvements as needed. While this role is centralized within the merch team, it will act as a conduit to connect merch intent and company strategies with key internal customers throughout the seasonal merchandising process. This role will foster synergy by creating engagement, building processes, timelines and expectations within the newly combined merch team and with cross company partners. You will help the Merchandisers at Burton do their work better and more efficiently.
What You Get to Do:
- Be the conduit within the Merchandising Team, helping to connect Merch functions and work from cross-functional business processes such as forecasting and pricing alignment to seasonal product planning within the 24 month preseason and 12 month direct to retail calendar
- Build, support and synchronize institutional processes aided by foundational tools that promote strategic clarity and alignment with key partners company wide
- Work with a large, cross functional team globally and regionally keep everyone informed, engaged, on track and driving consistency, efficiency and accuracy
- Help to build calendars, synch up timelines, communication and processes between the newly merged merch team and Global and Regional teams
- Foster communication from Global Merchandising to regional teams such as process, calendars, soliciting feedback and share out of presentation assets
- Assist the Merch Team with support tasks, such as sell in decks, global and regional presentations, roundups, and all other miscellaneous collateral needed throughout each season.
- Help the Merch Team manage and update their respective tools used throughout the season, for instance: Pricing Tools, PLM, Visual Line Plans, Round-Ups, Change Analyses, etc.
- Attend and support cross-functional department meetings; helping to prep with presentation build out, printing, take notes when asked, document action items, and follow up with individuals to ensure tasks are completed.
- Assist Merch Team with scheduling inter-company weekly meetings, phone calls, etc.
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- A master communicator and team player with empathy. You are nice but honest, makes shit happen, delivers accurately and on time.
- Detail focused, proactive and have a nagging sense of urgency because you only live once.
- A degree in Business or comparable, and 3+ years of relevant Product experience, including working retail.
- Excellent Office and Illustrator skills. Knowledge of PLM systems a plus.
- A passion to be outdoors and knowledge of snowboarding culture
- Flexibility for travel – potentially internationally & domestically. Travel can include market and store visits, sales meetings, and clinics as well as meeting with our pro riders for rider roundtables, etc.
- An ability to sit, stand and work on a computer for long periods of time, work in a sometimes-noisy environment, and see color.
Community / Marketing Title: Merchandising Process Coordinator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.