Materials & Trims Coordinator
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 583
Position Title: Product Coordinator
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
As our Materials & Trim Coordinator, you will assist with the commercialization of adopted fabrics. You will assist in ensuring all inline materials (fabric/trim) are in compliance with timelines, quality, sustainability, and functionality.
What You Get to Do:
- Complete and maintain data entry in Product Line Management (PLM) for materials and trims focusing on complete, accurate information
- Assist in the maintenance and organization of the materials and trims library
- Assist in seasonal color ordering, organization and maintaining the color room
- Responsible for coordinating seasonal fabric standards for SMS/Bulk approval
- Communicate and work with global vendors and our global team to obtain fabric detail information, fabric swatches, trim samples, and buy ready information as needed
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams such as our creative, product development, merchandising, and sustainability partners
- Ensure material and trim technical sheets and testing information meets our standards and are accurate
- Learn, understand, and drive our timeline of materials from initial concept to final bulk production
- Work with a variety of softgoods materials and trims for products such as outerwear, apparel, luggage, accessories, and more
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 0-2 years’ experience in textiles or product, BA or BS in Textiles, Engineering, Apparel Development or equivalent experience a plus
- Working knowledge or experience in textiles, trims, testing, manufacturing, or product development
- Eagerness to learn, communicate, and collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong and effective organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Excel, Adobe Illustrator, and PLM is an asset
- Ability to work in in a fast- paced environment with changing priorities
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills; especially working with different cross functional teams & personalities
Community / Marketing Title: Materials & Trims Coordinator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.