Retail Operations Specialist - Americas
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 600
Position Title: Retail Operations Specialist
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
The Retail Operations Specialist is responsible for all store business systems, processes, and operational communications for Burton’s North American Flagship, Outlet and Partner stores. This position supports Consumer Direct, IT, Finance, and Inventory Allocation/Management Teams with a focus on helping our stores deliver exceptional service and experiences in store. He/she will oversee and manage the day-to-day use of all current Brick & Mortar retail systems. This position will support and align with the Global Consumer Direct Operations & Retail teams and strategies. This position reports to the Senior Retail Manager, Americas
What You Get to Do:
- Responsible for day-to-day in-store operations for all Retail Store Point of Sale (POS) and Order Management technology, systems, and hardware in the Americas region. This includes NewStore, Payment Gateways, Stella, Gift Cards & Loyalty program, and any new technologies introduced to stores.
- Responsible for communication of all operational procedures and business system functionality to store teams.
- Responsible for managing, maintaining, and training store teams on the Retail Operations Manual, which documents all store operational policies and procedures, inclusive of system processes (such as POS functionality) and non-system processes (such as uniform policies, tardiness policy, loss prevention policies, opening and closing procedures, etc.) Work in collaboration with Americas and Global Consumer Direct teams to formulate, document, update, and train best retail practices to apply global operational best practices and processes to ensure a consistent customer experience.
- Gathers detailed feedback on systems performance issues and enhancement requests and shares with Global Consumer Direct Operations team and other applicable internal teams to drive systems enhancements that improve store efficiencies and customer experience.
- Monitors all omnichannel processes and KPIs to ensure stores meet omni-channel fulfillment expectations. Omnichannel functionality includes Endless Aisle Orders (Store-to-Store orders), Send It Orders (Store-to-DC orders), Store-to-Store Returns, Ecomm-to-Store Returns, and Buy Online Pick Up In Store Orders (BOPIS).
- Provides weekly and monthly reporting on all omnichannel KPIs to measure performance and find opportunities for improvements to ensure operational KPI targets are consistently met. Provide actionable solutions to improve/fix identified issues.
- Accountable for the inventory integrity of all stores by monitoring that stores correctly follow all processes and providing additional training and follow up as needed.
- Executes frequent cycle counts with stores in coordination with Global Operations Team. Manages regional cycle count calendar. Provides inventory variance reporting to Retail Teams and issues additional cycle counts as needed to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Executes and supports inventory movement process including transfers and order ASNs.
- Acts as liaison between finance and regional retail for monthly and annual account reconciliation, inclusive of but not limited to sales transactions, inventory adjustments, in-transit inventory, cycle counts, etc. Runs month and year-end financial reconciliation, researches variance issues and runs additional reports as requested.
- Executes the year end retail store physical inventory process in partnership with Global Consumer Direct Operations team. Provides PI calendar timeline, training, and directives to stores. Provides pre and post variance reporting for financial account clearing. Assists Finance and Audit Teams with all ongoing follow up work to close out year end.
- Works with Global Consumer Direct Operations team to trouble shoot material and pricing issues.
- Manages the rental and demo program inventory for all Americas locations, including the seasonal activation through BRM, burton's web hosted rental software partner. Provides reporting as requested.
- Shares internal business updates related to store operations, internal projects, and organizational changes with store management teams. Hosts regular operations meetings for store operations teams, including but not limited to Inventory Leads.
- Works closely with the regional Retail, Visual Merchandising, Account Management, and Store teams in the operational execution of floorsets, sales, promotions, and special events.
- Assists Sr. Retail Manager with the budgeting and ordering process for store hardware/upgrades, store supplies, order fulfillment materials, and shopping bags.
- Creates and updates PO’s for all regional store invoices with support from District Retail Manager.
- Assists with systems and hardware installations for new store openings within the region.
- Supports wholesale and retail teams with additional projects requiring inventory management processes and/or Retail business systems.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Previous operations management and/or retail management experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers
- Excellent organization skills
- Comfortability understanding and communicating retail store technology and workflow conceptually
- Strong Excel skills (including pivot tables, lookups, if statements)
- A mindset that can quickly adapt to new thought processes and possesses an innate curiosity with a desire to constantly look for ways to improve efficiencies and do the job better
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively with flexibility to quickly shift focus/priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Charismatic team player that exhibits excellent teamwork abilities, strong ability to work cross functionally, and a can-do attitude
- Sometimes requires work on weekends and outside of normal business hours as business strategies, systems, and processes demand. Must be available on call to assist stores with emergency issues outside of normal business days/hours
- Requires occasional travel to US and CA stores
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
Community / Marketing Title: Retail Operations Specialist - Americas
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.