Logistics & Inventory Specialist
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 611
Position Title: Logistics & Inventory Specialist
As our Logistics/Inventory Specialist, you’ll be responsible for the daily management of the inbound and outbound workflow to the America’s distribution operations. You’ll manage delivery fulfillment for National Accounts and operational processes of the company’s Distribution Centers by working with cross functional teams on the allocation of orders, shipping priorities, scheduling/traffic management, customs clearance and vendor compliance.
You’ll assist in maintaining a healthy balance of new and aged inventory in accordance with Burton’s 24-month inventory standard within the North American distribution network. You'll actively participate in cross-departmental initiatives and conversations involving inventory balancing, forecasting, and distribution planning.
What you get to do:
- Assist in managing the flow of inbound product to the America’s distribution centers, preparing inbound documentation and active shipment reporting.
- Communicate regularly with Burton’s 3PL’s, monitoring key performance indicators for inbound, outbound, and returns. Monitor priorities, shipping windows, and resolve customer specific logistics questions.
- Work with the Account Management teams to execute DC related customer compliance requirements, research compliance offset charges, and shipping window management.
- Perform daily audit of returns processing to ensure returned product is meeting the dock to stock KPI and credits are issued timely and accurately.
- Partner with North American 3PLs to ensure inventory accuracy through daily cycle counts along with monthly and yearly reconciliation reporting.
- Partner with Price Waterhouse Cooper through inventory tracking and reporting, as well as scheduled fiscal audits.
- Partner with Direct to Consumer group to assist with long term inventory fulfillment needs for Flagship, Ecommerce, and Outlet channels providing inventory forecast trends including stocked out SKUs.
- Execute rework and stock correction projects, communicate blocks and delays to internal parties for communication to end customer.
- Establish local options for recycling and donations for aged inventory.
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with SAP and Business Intelligence or similar ERP preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to travel within the US and Canada may be required
- Must be detail oriented, open to learning and possess exceptional process management skills
- Must be able to prioritize several different responsibilities while maintaining a keen focus on details and hitting deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working in a cross-functional role with frequent interdepartmental communication
Community / Marketing Title: Logistics & Inventory Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.