Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 621
Position Title: Designer
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
As a member of the Burton Art, Color, and Graphics team, the Designer will work as part of a team that translates brand objectives and concepts into innovative design solutions that are authentic to Burton’s identity and brand values while driving a consumer-centric point of view in all bodies of work. The ideal candidate will have an interest in living an active lifestyle, snowboard culture, the outdoors, art, music, fashion, and experiences. Our crew thinks big and executes accordingly. This is the opportunity to learn, grow, and play a key role on an industry-leading creative team.
We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries, and we are looking for those who can grow, think, and dream. Let’s create attitude.
What You Get to Do:
- Work on the concepting and creative execution of a wide range of projects, digital, print, environments, experiences
- Research and brainstorm with team members to create and innovate ideas/solutions
- Create identities, logos, and branding assets
- Develop comprehensive photo and creative documents
- Be responsible for the visual appearance of pixel-perfect, organized and easy-to-understand design assets and documents
- Respond to feedback and provide constructive feedback
- Work in a collaborative team environment
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- 3-6 years of professional design experience
- Fluency in the areas of creative standards, digital design, graphic design, typography, color theory, composition, illustration, and content development
- Ability to effectively communicate and articulate concepts and creative directions
- A systematic approach and the ability to work in many different styles (hand-drawn to digital)
- Expertise in the use of Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- A broad understanding of outdoor and snow industries with a passion for snowboarding
- Ability to work quickly and stay calm under pressure
- Self-motivator who can generate ideas for projects independently and collaboratively
- Laser-sharp attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently and proactively
- The position may require minimal travel.
- This position is in a typical, stationary office setting. Over 80% of the day will be spent sitting in one location.
Please submit an application with resume and cover letter on why you want to work for Burton. Applicants identified for first round selections will be provided with “Your Burton Timeline” encompassing what your work in this role will entail within 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months on the job. Other steps may include questions via email to gain further insight into your experience, an informal phone call to connect on details of the role/ask questions, and one or more formal interviews via Zoom.
Community / Marketing Title: Designer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.