People & Culture Business Partner
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 642
Position Title: HR Business Partner 2
This is an exciting and challenging role on Burton’s People & Culture team to help build Burton's culture and workplace practices. This role provides a broad range of strategic people, organizational, and culture services and support including recruiting, talent management, organizational design and development, compensation, performance management, employee development, and employee relations, and acting as an extended staff member and trusted advisor for Senior Managers in designated groups/departments. The position will proactively address a wide range of HR needs and continue to help build Burton’s reputation as a world class employer.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
What You Get to Do:
- Provide strategic HR partnership with assigned business leaders to ensure their goals and priorities are met.
- Provide a full range of Human Resources expertise to leadership and employees, including recruiting, talent management, organizational design and development, compensation, performance management, employee development, and employee relations.
- Provide HR expertise on recruiting strategies, attracting top talent and building and maintaining a diverse workforce.
- Ensure that Burton’s talent is optimized, and serve as a mentor, training/development resource, and advisor to leadership and employees to accomplish objectives.
- Act as a culture ambassador, fostering diversity and inclusion and creating an amazing place to work.
- Partner with managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions, coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Provide coaching, tools and mentoring to employees to assist them in creating and owning their development plans.
- Partner with managers and employees to solve employee relations issues. Ensure clear transparency, feedback and follow up are provided.
- Provide guidance, counseling and development for regulatory and compliance issues regarding company policies, practices, procedures, etc.
- Manage Burton’s compensation program including internal and external data gathering and analysis, job matching and equity analysis.
- Guide Burton’s performance management program ensuring transparent communication between managers and employees regarding performance and development.
- Champion a culture rooted in collaboration, transparency, performance, recognition and alignment to business needs and initiatives. Foster a positive, diverse and inclusive culture through education, communication, and initiatives.
- Drive organizational change with a focus on people and culture.
- Analyze data and metrics and implement initiatives to improve the employee experience.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- A positive attitude to model Burton’s Vision, Values and Commitments, professionalism and a "win-win" approach regarding general behavior and conflict resolution.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources functions including experience with leading change, talent planning, employee development, compensation, recruitment and employee relations.
- Proven credibility in establishing strong relationships and the ability to establish rapport with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Intellectually curious and able to explore new ideas to foster change.
- Strong team orientation and collaborative skillset, works well with others, adds positive energy to the team.
- Comfortable acting with autonomy and operates with a high degree of independence.
- Understand the business and ability to formulate HR plans to meet business goals.
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
Community / Marketing Title: People & Culture Business Partner
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.