Packaging Production Designer
Multiple Locations: Burlington, Vermont, United States • United States
Requisition Number: 645
Position Title: Packaging Coordinator
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, HSA with company contribution, fitness reimbursement and generous paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
Packaging plays critical roles in every step of the commercialization process and consumer journey. For the packaging team at Burton, everything begins and ends with the customer. The “customer”, here, can be defined as the end user, our internal stakeholders, and our global company vision. The Packaging team understands our business goals, regional needs, customer behavior, industry trends, the competitive landscape, and our sustainability commitments to determine how we support our “customer” and achieve our goals of delivering best in class packaging solutions fully aligned with our business calendar.
As a Packaging Production Designer, you will report to the Packaging Development Manager and be responsible for owning and managing all packaging artwork and structural related assets and processes. Working alongside the Packaging Development Manager, you will engage with nearly every department within the company to ensure all packaging needs, as it relates to artwork and production ready files, are met by their respective deadlines.
What You Get to Do:
Own and manage technical packaging asset creation, editing, versioning/iteration, file management, sharing, and stakeholdering of structural dielines (folding cartons, cards, wraps, labels, boxes, etc) and artwork dielines (structural dielines with artwork and print information).
Manage execution of:
- Product cycle merchandising brief data merge
- Packaging dieline creation/versioning
- Artwork application to dielines
- File management
- Factory + stakeholder file sharing
- Global Brand guidelines
- Content + copy updates/iteration for SMS and Bulk
- Trade related requirements (labeling, translations, etc)
- Own Burton, [ak], AG, and collaboration brand execution as it relates to packaging.
- Support Mine77 and Anon packaging execution, working with those respective teams.
- Support supply chain packaging artwork creation, management, and iteration needs
This work will be done utilizing the following systems:
- Microsoft Office + SharePoint
- Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Workfront (Formerly ProofHQ), and Acrobat
- PLM (Burton’s proprietary product management software solution)
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- 1-5 years of graphic design and production experience, or related experience
- Four-year college degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Production/Print Design, Packaging Science, or equivalent
- Strong skills in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Workfront (ProofHQ)
- Experience with Data Merge functionality in Adobe InDesign
- Strong project management skills
- Passion for design, visual communication, and creative thinking
- Understanding of packaging materials, print substrates, and production environment
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work cross-functionally to connect ideas and make actionable plans to meet demanding deadlines
- Experience or awareness of ArtiosCAD and SolidWorks is a plus
- Proactive, adaptable, and comfortable managing shifting timelines and priorities.
- Strong curiosity in tackling and championing brand execution and cross-brand connectivity
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and effectively manage and meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines with minimum assistance.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build trusted relationships with all levels within and outside of the organization.
Travel: The position requires minimal travel. There is potential for optional overnight and/or international travel. As a position with global support responsibilities across North America, Europe, and Asia, this role has international partners where visits to factories and regions may benefit the work. Additionally, tradeshows and other market intel travel may be valuable. This type of travel would not be required.
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
If living in Burlington is not an option, we are absolutely open to candidates living in/working from other locations (in the US). In this scenario, we would expect the person hired to spend ~one week/month at Burton’s HQ in Burlington, and when not in Burlington to generally be available during eastern time zone hours.
Community / Marketing Title: Packaging Production Designer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.