China Account Lead
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 648
Position Title: Account Specialist
Be the champion of our newly formed China Distributorship! Help us manage and grow a key market for snowboarding and our brand as a strong partner to our internal stakeholders and our affiliates in China. This role will collaborate closely with the Brand Engagement Office (BEO), Supply Chain, Logistics, and Trade in meeting the demands of a rapidly growing market. Responsibilities include forecast planning, order management, sales systems, supply planning, logistics, “sell ready” compliance (importation, material make-up, product labeling), and timely fulfillment of our China distributor’s demand under the contractual terms of sale. This position requires significant cross-functional collaboration as issues or new topics arise and will ultimately be the primary day-to-day contact. Success will be measured in terms of Burton Corp’s ability to meet its obligations within the framework of each annual operating plan for the China market.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, HSA with company contribution, fitness reimbursement and generous paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
What You Get to Do:
- Key stakeholder in preseason order to ensure demand plan is clear and placed on time for critical PO placements.
- Understanding of supply chain fundamentals.
- Order entry, maintenance and fulfillment, frequent and detailed reporting, and delivery updates.
- Responsible for Corp’s organization, management, and execution of responsibilities as they are outlined in the contractual agreement, with the Chinese entity.
- Be a champion for our China business. This is an extremely high potential area for Burton, not just another distributor.
- Guide both businesses through the transition from former JV model to distributorship, including processes and procedures for transacting as they (China) go-live with their own ERP, and receive goods at their designated place of transfer.
- Establish cadence and lead business meetings with Distributor CEO and management team, including monthly financials and quarterly business reviews.
- Share the product line, gain feedback, and build each sales forecast as part of the global demand outlook and supply planning strategy.
- Develop framework with the China distributor to obtain sell thru information that will align with our analytics and give our teams visibility to Burton’s performance on a weekly basis.
- Provide support to China distributor operations and logistics teams, as needed, and develop relationship with key contacts in each function area.
- Work closely with the Sr. Trade Specialist – China to ensure all materials intended to be sold are classified correctly and to the appropriate Chinese HTS code, and in advance of planned importation and transfer of ownership.
- Strong relationship skills are a must.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
- Demonstration of project management skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills are a necessity.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Strong systems skills and knowledge of business processes at Burton.
- Proven ability to understand and adhere to confidentiality requirements.
- 5-7 years in sales or operations management, with large/national retailer experience a plus.
- BS/BA Degree, or the equivalent combination of education plus experience required.
- This role will require a highly organized individual with excellent time management skills and the ability to work through many tasks simultaneously.
- Flexible with working hours to accommodate international meetings.
- Direct experience in mainland China preferred.
- This position prefers language skills as follows: Language: Mandarin / Required level: Intermediate
- The position requires some overnight travel (annual to semi-annual travel to China).
Key Partners include:
Brand Engagement Office (BEO)
Logistics and Fulfillment
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
If living in Burlington is not an option, we are absolutely open to candidates living in/working from other locations (in the US). In this scenario, we would expect the person hired to spend ~one week/month at Burton’s HQ in Burlington, and when not in Burlington to generally be available during eastern time zone hours.
Community / Marketing Title: China Account Lead
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.