Sr. Trade & Compliance Specialist - China
Requisition Number: 649
Position Title: Trade Compliance Specialist
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
This role will collaborate closely with the China Account Director, and GB Testing Coordinator, to mitigate the risk of the China surveillance system. Responsibility includes ensuring that all goods intended to be sold, in mainland China, will be “sell-ready” at the point that transfer of ownership occurs. Coordination of domestic and import compliance to include, but not limited to, product classification, duty preference programs, product labeling, CIQ requirements, and all regulatory requirements that develop over time. The specialist must have a working knowledge of China Customs rules and regulations, international shipping, the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of China, and activities related to domestic delivery under the VAT special license program. This position requires significant cross-functional collaboration as issues or new topics arise.
What You Get to Do:
- Interprets and complies with China Customs laws and regulations, including requirements of other government agencies
- Is Burton Corporation’s official representative for all interactions with Chinese regulatory agencies responsible for Trade and Import Compliance.
- Responsible for accurate classification of Chinese Harmonized Tariff Codes to Burton’s product line. Utilizes Burton Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system to assist with classification
- Generates Burton Corp invoice to customer, and reviews invoice data for accuracy.
- Reviews vendor booking information for accuracy, and works cross-functionally to make corrections, when needed, and prior to transfer of ownership
- Maintains and/or audits record-keeping program
- Reviews trade periodicals to keep current on issues impacting Burton
- Provides support to Burton China operations and logistics teams, as needed
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- BS/BA Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management, or International Trade desired; or the equivalent combination of education plus experience required.
- Flexible with working hours to accommodate international meetings.
- This position may require minimal travel.
This position report directly to the Global Trade Compliance Manager, with dotted-line to the China Account Director, and Director – Asia Product Ops as a legal employee of the Product Ops entity, in China.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Trade & Compliance Specialist - China
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.