Soft Goods Specialist Europe
Location: Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
Requisition Number: 651
As the world’s leading Snowboard Company, Burton designs and manufactures industry-leading products for snowboarding and the snowboard lifestyle, including snowboards, boots, bindings, outerwear and layering as well as year-round apparel, packs/bags and accessories.
We are currently looking for a:
SOFT GOODS SPECIALIST EUROPE
In the position as Soft Goods Specialist at Burton Snowboards you hold a cross-functional role being the conduit between Europe – Sales, Marketing, and Planning functions – and Global Product Teams across all Soft Goods and Bags categories. As Soft Goods Specialist you are an expert in the competitive environment and have detailed market knowledge and sell-through insights. You have a customer centric approach, understand specific territory needs to skillfully advocate the right soft goods product mix for the markets.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION ARE:
- Specific to the soft goods and bags categories, continually assess and communicate regional trends, opportunities, and risks, as well as gather market intelligence
- Contribute to the creation of product and marketing strategies together with the global marketing and product teams by providing regional feedback and data to support decisions.
- Work closely with the regional planning and buying functions for forecasting and inventory planning. Manage the regional soft goods and bags pricing in all currencies in collaboration with global product and based on market reality (competition, brand/category strategy).
- Responsible for the regional soft goods and bags assortment plan including the segmentation amongst all channels (Wholesale, E-Commerce, Retail) ensuring alignment to color stories and marketing initiatives. In the respect of those plans, work closely with our regional buying team as well as visual & digital merchandising teams to develop plans around product launches in our own stores and online.
- Continually monitor sell through performance in our sales channels throughout the selling seasons identifying opportunities to improve sell through and the overall customer experience.
- Create and deliver product presentations and organization for various stakeholders depending on regional needs (trainings, meetings, account presentations etc.). Be the key point person regionally for any soft goods related product information
ESSENTIALS FOR THIS ROLE ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in the field of products management or control and analysis and/or equivalent experience in a similar role in the sporting goods or apparel industry
- Knowledge of soft goods: 3+ years’ experience in product management or merchandising in a sports fashion/soft goods environment
- Expert level in Microsoft PowerPoint, advanced level of excel skills
- Fluency in English is required, any additional language is a plus
- A positive attitude, detail-oriented and capability to work independently
- Enthusiasm for the outdoor lifestyle
- A strategic position at the global market leader in the snowboard & snowboard lifestyle industry
- Very good team spirit, flat hierarchies, shared outdoor activities
- Working as part of a multinational team, located in the heart of the Alps
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Competitive, rewarding compensation package, depending on your qualifications and experience min. gross € 35.000 p.a.
We are looking forward to receiving your English CV and cover letter!
Community / Marketing Title: Soft Goods Specialist Europe
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Innsbruck, Tirol AT