Finance Applications Analyst I
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Requisition Number: 655
Position Title: Applications Analyst
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
The Finance Applications Analyst I role is an entry level position focused on providing support to all Finance related applications within the IT landscape and their related processes. This position will work with other team members and third-party vendor(s) in support of applications. This role will report directly to the IT Finance Team Lead within the IT Applications Team.
What You Get to Do:
- Focus on developing expertise in a specific area or application
- Gather and analyze information to determine business requirements and recommend systems and/or procedural solutions
- Partner with business colleagues to define, gather and document functional requirements
- Liaison between business groups and user group, direct interface with third party vendors
- Participate in interactive design sessions with users resulting in functional specifications, data and process flow diagrams
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications. Develop testing scenarios and create detailed test scripts
- Configure applications to meet the business requirements
- Participate in development review meetings, walk the development team through development requests
- Create and change production jobs and job documentation
- Follow up on solutions to ensure they are working as intended
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve current business processes
- Create user documentation and train users on existing, new or modified systems
- Develop and deliver application training as necessary
- Troubleshoot system issues, provide root cause analysis, work with any partners on the required solution and its testing, and provide deployment support
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance or 2+ years of equivalent work experience
- Hands on experience with related applications preferred; either configuring and supporting or as a user
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Tools (Excel, Power Point, Word, Teams, One Note) preferred
- Experience with Jira and Confluence preferred
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills (will be required to pull information from various sources and put some structure and organization around the documentation)
- Ability to multi-task well across several different projects and/or support areas within Finance applications
- Ability to learn new concepts and applications, for administering within global organization
- The position may require minimal travel.
- This position is in a typical, stationary office setting. Over 80% of the day will be spent sitting in 1 location.
Please submit an application with resume and cover letter on why you want to work for Burton. Applicants identified for first round selections will be provided with “Your Burton Timeline” encompassing what your work in this role will entail within 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months on the job. Other steps may include questions via email to gain further insight into your experience, an informal phone call to connect on details of the role/ask questions, and one or more formal interviews via Zoom.
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Applications Analyst I
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.