Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Internship
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Requisition Number: 681
Position Title: Intern
This Experience Burton opportunity is a 4-month internship in which you will directly work alongside the Director of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) to support JEDI efforts within our organization. You will be working 15 – 20 hours per week on projects assigned by the Director. This internship is based out of our home office in Burlington, Vermont with the option to work remotely.
Our perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with researching benchmark data and initiatives for global diversity efforts
- Assist with implementing a diversity and inclusion training program
- Research hiring strategies to recruit and retain BIPOC and LGBTQ+ employees
- Partner with our grassroots groups to enhance the employee experience
What You’ll Learn
- How to analyze data and trends
- Research and presentation skills
- How to communicate and collaborate with people across the organizations at different levels
- Importance of time keeping, deadlines, and how to manage your own workload
- A deep dive into how global organizations spearhead diversity efforts
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Currently enrolled and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate program a relevant field.
- Intermediate+ user of Excel
- Lived experience as a member of an underrepresented group (preferred)
- Unique perspective on addressing issues of diversity and inclusion
- The desire to make a difference
- Send your resume and short statement (280 characters or less) describing what does justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion mean to you? And why is it important for snowboarding and the outdoors?
- Candidates chosen for first round selection may be asked to provide further information via email questions, then will be invited to participate in an informal phone screen as well as a formal zoom interview.
- Decisions will be made by mid-January 2022
- The chosen candidate will be asked to commit to the opportunity the end of January 2022, so that the orientation and onboarding can start in early February
- If chosen, your Experience Burton Internship will start between mid-January to the beginning of February (tbc with hiring manager)
- Posting closes December 31, 2021. We will be evaluating and screening applicants as they come in.
Community / Marketing Title: Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Internship
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.