Accounts Payable Apprenticeship
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 700
Position Title: Intern
This Experience Burton opportunity is a 4-month Accounts Payable apprenticeship in which you will become an integral member of the Global Finance Team reporting directly to the Treasury Manager.
You have strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills. As we will be implementing a new ERP in the Spring, you also work well in a dynamic, fast paced environment and embrace the opportunity to be part of the transition to a new system. This apprenticeship will also focus on developing your leadership skills so more responsibility can be taken on the new ERP rolls out. This is an entry level apprenticeship with a vision of becoming a permanent, strong lead on the team.
You will be working 40 hours/week at our HQ in Burlington, VT, though a remote start would be considered.
Our perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more.
Some of what you will do:
- Review and accurately process a high volume of vendor invoices for payment
- Provide a high level of customer service to both external and internal contacts
- Research and respond to vendor inquiries in a courteous, effective and timely manner
- Audit employee expense reports in accordance with IRS rules and Burton’s Travel and Expense Policy
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy
- Assist with the transition of the AP function from SAP to M3
What you’ll learn:
- Accounts Payable and Accounting policies and procedures
- Introduction to a professional, multi-national environment
- High-level of interaction with various levels of staff and management
- Experience in transitioning to a new ERP system, M3
- Insight into the day-to-day operations of the leading, global snowboarding company
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Experience with Infor M3/GT Nexus, SAP and Concur are a plus
- Ability to undertake multiple and diverse activities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Send your resume and short statement indicating why you would be the best candidate for this apprenticeship.
- Candidates chosen for first round selection may be asked to provide further information via email questions, then will be invited to participate in an informal phone screen as well as a formal zoom interview.
- Decisions will be made by mid-January 2022.
- The chosen candidate will be asked to commit to the opportunity the end of January 2022, so that the orientation and onboarding can start in early February.
- If chosen, your Experience Burton Internship will start between mid-January to the beginning of February (tbc with hiring manager).
- Posting closes December 31, 2021. We will be evaluating and screening applicants as they come in.
Community / Marketing Title: Accounts Payable Apprenticeship
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.