Burton Ecommerce Customer Service Manager
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Requisition Number: 705
Position Title: Customer Service Supervisor
The Burton Ecommerce Customer Service Manager is responsible for overseeing the Burton Guides Customer Service Team for the Americas. This team of 10 – 12 year-round customer service Guides, expanding to 40+ seasonally, is located out of our Denver and Montreal Hub offices, our Burlington, VT Headquarters, and includes some fully remote employees. Burton Guides serve as the critical touchpoints and customer service support to our consumers, whether they have purchased on burton.com, at a Burton Flagship store, or through an authorized Burton dealer. As the leader of this team, you will drive and evolve the customer service strategies to ensure we deliver a seamless and premium level of customer service. You will advocate for the evolving needs of both our consumers and our service team in all aspects of the business that impact our ability to deliver premium customer service. This includes but is not limited to software optimization, systems functionality and operational processes, customer journey communications, company policies, product knowledge and operational training needs, and more. You will be responsible for motivating and coaching the team to achieve target KPIs, continuously improve performance, and find workstream efficiencies all centered on delivering an exceptional customer experience. Additional responsibilities include financial budgeting, software optimization and team scheduling.
You will work closely with the Regional and Global Consumer Direct and Marketing Teams, Product Team, Logistics, Operations and Warranty Teams. The Burton Ecommerce Customer Service Manager Americas reports directly to the Director of Americas Retail and Service.
Scope of tasks include project management, KPI goal setting and tracking, budget ownership and team management. The role substantially supports the Digital Transformation of Burton as a leading consumer centric retailer in the industry.
What you get to do:
- Manage the day-to-day operations and performance of our customer service department (Burton Guide team).
- Responsible for leadership, training and coaching of the team to ensure consistent, premium brand experiences.
- Develop and coach the leadership skills of 5+ team lead supervisors.
- Establish and meet industry standard Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including but not limited to NPS, CSAT, FCR, closed cases, phone handle time, chat wait time, etc.
- Identify key trends in customer experience technologies and work with counterparts in our global consumer direct team and IT teams to optimize and improve internal tools and standard operation procedures.
- Collaborate cross departmentally to implement and adapt new technologies and services as needed.
- Work closely with our regional consumer direct team to identify opportunities to improve customer service and experience throughout our website and all customer touchpoints. This could include systems and operational functionality, customer communications, company policies, and more throughout the customer journey.
- Advocate for the needs of our customers and customer service team in relation to systems, software and SOPs.
- Drive continuous improvements in quality of customer service by consistently analyzing, communicating, and reporting out on key customer service performance metrics. Determine areas for improvement and/or in need of further training.
- Manage customer service department budget planning and tracking.
- Foster an inclusive, results oriented, and fun team culture through leadership, goal setting, coaching, recognition and building team camaraderie.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Minimum 3-5 years of DTC ecommerce customer service experience, at least 2 of which are in a management or supervisory role
- BA in E-commerce, Business, a related field, and/or the equivalent in work experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in delivering exceptional customer service and leading teams to do the same
- Knowledge of ecommerce systems, customer service software, and ecommerce customer service best practices and benchmarks
- Familiarity with Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Stella Connect, Infor ERP, SAP and Five9 software a plus
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work cross-functionally and within all levels of the organization to achieve business goals
- Experience with developing performance benchmarks, analyzing trends, and providing reporting analysis
- Ability to work at a detailed level while maintaining an overall project and longer-term perspective
- Ability to remain calm and composed during high stress situations
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Knowledge of and a passion for the outdoor lifestyle a definite asset
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
Community / Marketing Title: Burton Ecommerce Customer Service Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.