Burton Guides Manager
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 705
Position Title: Customer Service Supervisor
The Burton Guides Manager is responsible for overseeing the Burton Guides (Customer Service) Team for the Americas. This team of 10 – 12 year-round, expanding to 40+ seasonally, is located in our Denver and Montreal HUBS, our Burlington, VT Headquarters, and includes some fully remote employees. They serve as critical touchpoints and customer service support to our consumers. As the leader of this team, you will advocate for their needs, including training and coaching them to achieve a consistent and premium level consumer experience. Additional responsibilities include budgeting, software optimization, performance reporting, and team scheduling.
You work closely with the Regional Consumer Direct and Consumer Marketing team, Product and Product Service Team, Global Consumer Direct team, Logistic and regional Warehouses and Credit Department. The Burton Guides Manager reports directly to the Director of Americas Retail and Service.
Scope of tasks include project management, goal setting and tracking, budget ownership and team management and development. The role substantially supports the Digital Transformation of Burton as a leading consumer centric retailer in the industry.
Some of what you get to do:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of our consumer service department for end consumers (Burton Guides Team)
- Create and maintain a high performing customer service function including service and help desk, endpoint technology support, call center and specific business processes
- Lead, train, and coach the team to ensure consistent, premium brand customer experiences
- Ensure high levels of performance in all processes, accurate reporting and establish service improvement activities when required
- Budget planning and tracking
- Establish and meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Identify key trends in customer experience technologies and work with counterparts in our global consumer direct team on implementing new technologies and services
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Minimum 3-5 years of DTC customer service experience, at least 2 of which are in a supervisory role
- BA in E-commerce, Business, Communications, a related field and/or the equivalent in work experience
- Management and Leadership experience a plus
- Demonstrated success in delivering exceptional customer service; leading teams to do the same
- Familiarity with Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Stella Connect, SAP, Five-9 phone systems
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience with developing benchmarks, analyzing trends and statistics
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of and a love for the outdoor lifestyle a definite asset
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
Community / Marketing Title: Burton Guides Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.