Developer I - Softgoods
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 718
Position Title: Developer I
The Developer 1 position will work alongside and report to the Senior Product Manager of Special Projects to drive commercialization of all assigned products from initial concept to final specifications for sample production and/or final bulk production; executing the line in compliance with timelines, quality & accuracy, functionality, and with target costing. The Developer 1 Position will be responsible for the daily communication with multiple vendors and subcontractors as well as an internal liaison with Creative, Operations, Trade, and Quality. Works with the other development team to create technical specifications for products, and maintain the PLM database of all product specifications.
What You Get to Do:
- Input and maintain accurate data in PLM for current styles/ colors, bill of materials, style evaluations, costing, and technical sketches.
- Collaborate with Creative and Technical Designers to prepare and maintain technical packages including Bill of Materials, Fit Specs/Patterns, Cost Breakdowns, etc.
- Coordinate sampling progress and follow style life cycle through product conception to commercialization.
- Document all changes during the development process, maintain up to date product specifications, and constantly communicate these changes to the Special Project SG merchandising, development, and creative teams, as well as Asia based developers and factories.
- Track product cycle progress to ensure all key development milestone dates are met as outlined in the product calendar.
- Facilitate strong external and internal communication with the focus on superior product quality.
- Communicate with cross functional teams and factory partners on a regular basis throughout the development process to ensure finished goods meet our planned schedules and quality standards.
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Product Development related field.
- Experience in Product Development, specifically technical bags and/or technical apparel product.
- Experience with Centric (or other) PLM systems preferred.
- Strong PC skills (spreadsheets and word processing).
- Effective and prompt communication.
- Strong team collaboration.
- Strong product analysis skills.
- Understands technical materials, function, and technical end use.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills.
- PowerPoint and Illustrator skills preferred.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
If living in Burlington is not an option, we are absolutely open to candidates living in/working from other locations (in the US). In this scenario, we would expect the person hired generally be available during eastern time zone hours.
Community / Marketing Title: Developer I - Softgoods
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.