Director of Snowboarding Advocacy
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 722
Position Title: Director of Strategy
You will be reporting to Burton’s Chief Strategy Officer and reside within Burton’s Purpose Teams that drive our mission to positively impact people, the planet and our sport of snowboarding.
What You Get to Do:
- Lead research around the global snowboarding participation landscape – gather all relevant data points across diverse sources, seek out new information, and then analyze and synthesize key patterns and trends to regularly paint a complete picture of the snowboarding landscape globally and where we can (and should) have the most impact as an organization.
- Build and implement a comprehensive strategy for Burton’s snowboarding advocacy platform – where should we focus to have the biggest impact, what are our clear goals and metrics and what are the key partner strategies.
- Work closely with customer insights team to identify pivotal consumer moments and touchpoints to focus on in the consumer journey for building our sport – for example: what are the most important moments that impact participation, how do individuals and families choose their recreational activities, what are the key barriers to entry and how do we build programs to make snowboarding as accessible as possible.
- Partner with key resorts and teaching organizations to advocate for better access to snowboarding learning – especially for youth and families.
- Understand the landscape of domestic and international organizations that impact our sport – especially FIS and USSA – determine Burton’s POV and strategy on how these organizations should best impact a strong and relevant future for snowboarding.
- Act as a leading voice and key advocate for snowboarding in executive level forums globally.
- Work with Burton’s marketing leadership to ensure Burton snowboarding events and programs are building a relevant and inspiring future for the sport, are helping to ensure that snowboarding is irresistible, and are capturing data to understand our long-term impact around our efforts.
- Collaborate closely with our Director of Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) to connect snowboarding with diverse populations globally.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- College degree. Advanced degree and/or 5 years experience in strategy development, business, consumer insights, or advanced research.
- Strong experience and passion for snowboarding and an unstoppable drive to bring snowboarding to more of the world.
- Data-driven, critical-thinker – a unique ability to sift through extensive data and complex information and then provide a clear view of current affairs and long-term strategies for highest impact.
- Strong communicator – both in written and verbal form – comfort, ease and confidence in presenting and speaking at all levels, including with high level executives.
- Independent, motivated and driven – must work independently, stay focused and on track, and deliver results consistently.
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Snowboarding Advocacy
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.