Help Center Technician
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Requisition Number: 726
Position Title: Help Center Analyst (Entry)
The Help Center Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
What You Get To Do
- Field incoming help requests from end users via soft phone, email, ticketing system, and in-person in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from employees.
- Prioritize and schedule problem resolution. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked question resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware/software, peripherals and networked products
- Perform computer upgrades for employees
- Image and set up new computers and peripherals for employees
- Properly tag new equipment and add to asset inventory system for tracking
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Bring to the Team
- College degree in a computer related field and/or one year equivalent work experience as a Help Center Technician and two years experience in a Customer Service role
- Advanced knowledge of basic computer hardware, including motherboards, processors, storage, memory, graphics, etc.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 10, MacOS Catalina, and MacOS BigSur
- Application support experience with Microsoft Office 365, Zoom, Sophos, VPN
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including native Windows and Mac tools and system restores along with malware removal
- Working knowledge of standard networking protocols, such as TCP/IP
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- 8-hour shift: On-site Monday through Friday
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Community / Marketing Title: Help Center Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.