Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 727
Position Title: Sales Associate- Non Benefits Eligible
Snowboarding is a social sport, and as part of this team, you will be the direct connection between customers and our brand in your local community. We are passionate about riding, knowledgeable about our products, and above all, excited to share this passion and expertise with our customers. Our stores are designed to tell our compelling brand story, while offering a welcoming environment to experienced riders, beginners to the sport, and newcomers to the brand and lifestyle alike.
We are looking for a qualified Part-Time Sales Associate. As a Sales Associate, your passion for snowboarding and the outdoors bring an expertise about the products that’ll create the best possible customer experience. Our Sales Associates are responsible for maintaining customer service standards and complying with all Burton policy and procedures in meeting sales goals and protecting company assets.
What You Get to Do:
- Provide a superior customer experience for all Burton guests
- Contribute to achieving store sales goals
- Maintaining store aesthetic by cleaning, stocking, organizing, and following merchandising plans
- Comply with all Burton procedures in meeting sales goals and protecting company assets
- Staying up to date with our brand and product knowledge, company information, sales, and company-wide events. Truly becoming a resource to our customer base
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- 1-3 years of retail experience, preferably in a comparable position
- A positive, outgoing personality to bring the Burton passion to top levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong knowledge and background of snowboarding products and their application
- Ability to proficiently operate a Windows based system, NewStore POS system experience preferred
- Passion for prototyping new ways of doing things, drive to challenge oneself, and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Continually able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service and loss prevention
- Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, and store merchandising
- Continually able to walk up and down staircase, carrying boxes, product, and other necessary store related items
- Ability to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean
- Ability to safely lift boxes up to 50lbs
- Comfortable climbing ladders
- Comfortable with wearing a mask for entire shift
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Associate
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Francisco, California US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.