Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 730
Position Title: Global Resorts Coordinator
The Marketing Analyst will use data to help Burton’s marketing teams around the world optimize their performance. This role will work across all of Burton’s digital touchpoints, including organic and paid marketing channels, web properties, and app experiences, to identify actionable insights through data analysis.
The ideal candidate has a strong quantitative background, experience with raw data sets and data modeling, and strong interpersonal skills to clearly communicate complex insights for every audience (from the Burton Guides to the CEO).
What You Get to Do:
- Analyze website engagement data and provide recommendations for the improvement of common eCommerce metrics, including site performance, email acquisition, conversion rate, and more.
- Analyze customer data sets and provide recommendations for improving common retention metrics, including AOV, LTV, and more.
- Steer the testing strategy of Burton’s digital properties by utilizing data insights to inform the development of A/B and multivariate tests; assist in the execution of these tests where possible.
- Design and validate the data capture of all new and existing digital marketing initiatives and website enhancements using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Build, manage, and own the analytics roadmap for burton.com, including the identification of current data capture gaps, future improvements, adoption of best practices, and scalability.
- Build, manage, and own all internal documentation related to digital marketing data and analytics.
- Function as the main internal expert for Google Analytics implementations and partner with IT, BI, and eCommerce teams to ensure accurate data collection.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on all digital medium analytics and measurement tools; stay current on latest trends in web measurement strategies. Evaluate and vet new technologies to complement or replace tools in our analytics suite.
- Story-tell through data visualizations focused on business, marketing, and customer KPIs using modern technologies (Looker, Power BI, R, Python, Kibana, etc.) to simplify and expedite trend and performance measurement.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Information Systems, or Marketing (with an analytics focus) or other quantitative fields with relevant business experience also considered
- 4-5 years of professional experience working in digital marketing, eCommerce, or similar field
- Expert with at least 3+ years of hands-on experience using Google Analytics 360 (or other mainstream web analytics platform) and proficient in web testing platform (Optimizely, Adobe, etc.)
- Product management experience of in-house use of Google Analytics 360, Google Tag Manager, web testing platforms (Optimizely, Adobe, etc.), and other related software systems
- Proficient in Google Tag Manager and tag implementation in general
- Proficient in SQL and comfortable working in modern data ecosystems like Azure, Snowflake, BigQuery, and AWS
- Advanced Excel skills, but Python and R programming is a big plus
- Proficient in basic hypothesis testing framework and comfortable using statistics basic in all data analysis
- Working experience of Looker, Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio, or similar BI Tools
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
If living in Burlington is not an option, we are absolutely open to candidates living in/working from other locations (in the US). In this scenario, we would expect the person hired to generally be available during eastern time zone hours.
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.