Senior Strategy & Market Insights Analyst
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 755
Position Title: Strategy and Insights Coordinator
The Senior Strategy & Market Insights Analyst is responsible for leading and helping drive strategy development projects that identify market trends, provide early warnings on threats and opportunities in the evolving competitive landscape, and evaluate their impact on Burton. They help executive decision-makers understand the implications of current and potential strategic decisions and drive action across the company through timely, impactful deliverables. This role will also include supporting the annual business planning process and corporate strategic planning with evaluation of market size and growth, trends and competitive dynamics.
You will work collaboratively alongside the company’s senior strategy team members supporting strategic planning, market insight generation, quantitative analysis, and financial modeling activities. This is a unique opportunity to be a core member of a small team working on high visibility strategic projects which are commissioned by the executive leadership of the company. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Global Strategy.
What You Get To Do:
- Market Insights
- Conduct deep dive analysis of markets Burton is either currently in or contemplating entering. Typical types of analysis include: market size and growth & competitive dynamics, potential partners, competitors and M&A targets, in-depth company research of potential partners and acquisition targets to uncover risks and opportunities
- Identify and analyze industry trends and extract implications on strategy, and share with senior leadership on a regular cadence
- Collect business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, or purchased sources
- Develop creative solutions to overcome data availability challenges
- Partner with Consumer Insights team to develop surveys, interview guides, focus group discussion guides, etc. and extract critical, actionable findings
- Communicate with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, or others to stay abreast of industry or business trends
- Business Strategy
- Synthesize and extract most critical insights from varied internal business data sources to support recommendations for action
- Support the financial and strategic evaluation of corporate development & investment opportunities (develop full three-statement financial models, forecast models, business cases, scenario models, etc.)
- Assist with the execution of longer-tail strategic projects by developing project plans and collaborating closely with cross-functional stakeholders
- Create models to identify key trends/patterns in external and internal data, forecast business performance, simulate the impact of potential strategic options/decisions
- Co-create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets
- Identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights
- Advance and drive positive culture and performance by leaning in with new ideas, proactively embracing diversity, inclusion and customer-centricity, leading with a team vs “I” mindset, and owning accountability for continuous improvement and better outcomes
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- 2+ years of experience in a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, venture capital, corporate strategy, or other strategic function with extensive exposure to consulting, analytics, and modeling
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret patterns across multiple data sources and translate into visualizations and narratives
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Expert proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; other data analytics tools or programs a plus (Power BI, Alteryx, etc.)
- Strong project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort solving complex and ambiguous problems
- Demonstrated initiative and keen desire to learn and grow
- Collaborative team player adaptive to changing needs
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work within defined timelines
- BS/BA degree in Business, Analytics, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other STEM/related major preferred
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Strategy & Market Insights Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.