Global Events Specialist
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 759
Position Title: Events Coordinator
We are looking for a new member to join the Global Brand Marketing Team, and it could be you! Our event platforms are expanding globally, and we are looking to build an amazing team that can help strategize, project-manage, and support our global event portfolio. If you have ever wanted to be a part of a project managing some of the world’s greatest snowboarding events, events that meet our community where they are at, and different series that promote the health and wellbeing of our planet, then make sure to throw your name in the hat!
Burton is seeking an experienced event all-rounder to join the Global Brand Marketing Team. This is a full-time position based in the Burlington, VT office (remote to be discussed), but some travel is required as needed for events and other functions. This role requires the ability to project manage multiple events at the same time and work an extended schedule, including some weekends, early mornings, evenings, holidays, and potentially some extended travel.
What you get to do:
This is a support position where you will get to collaborate with Burton’s Global Brand and Regional Marketing teams to assist with project managing our global events portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Aid in project managing the Burton Mystery Series
- Support the development/tracking of a Global Events Calendar
- Assist with the planning and coordination of Global Community Events
- Oversee general administrative duties (I.e., Vendor set, contract tracking, product orders, etc.)
- Work closely with our partnership team to manage global partner input lists
- Have as much fun as possible!
What will you bring to the team:
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
- The ability to PM mutiple cross function projects
- Advanced organization skills
- Being a Team player
- Practical knowledge of One Drive/SharePoint
- Administrative experience
- 2-4 Years’ experience in event project management
Bonus skills that will help seal the deal:
- You are a wizard with Google and Adobe Creative suites
- You are acquainted with the snowboard industry and its partners
- You have experience in live music and/or media production
- You know all about web design and content management
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired. If living in Burlington is not an option, we are absolutely open to candidates living in/working from other locations (in the US). In this scenario, we would expect the person hired to generally be available during eastern time-zone hours.
Community / Marketing Title: Global Events Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.