Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 760
Position Title: Assistant-Associate Designer - Hardgoods
As a member of the Burton Product Creative team, the Associate Designer will work as part of a collective that translates brand concepts into innovative design solutions that are authentic to Burton’s identity and brand values while driving a consumer-centric point of view in all bodies of work. They contribute to collections, particularly relating to our accessories business, alongside fellow designers and work with cross functional partners to develop and execute cohesive ideas across all channels. A strong passion for design and product are paramount to success in this role. The ideal candidate will have an interest in living an active lifestyle, snowboard culture, the outdoors, art, music, fashion, and experiences. Our crew thinks big and executes accordingly. This is the opportunity to learn, grow, and play a key role on an industry-leading creative team
We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries, and we are looking for those who can grow, think, and dream. Let’s create attitude.
What You Get to Do:
- Work closely within the softgoods team to drive creativity, innovation, and inspiration within collections and design projects relating to the overarching creative direction
- Brainstorm with the creative team to build innovative ideas based on future trends and consumer needs
- Work with senior design team members to build on existing knowledge of technical accessories (gloves, hats, bags, facelayer, etc) and softgoods in general
- Build presentations relating to intended categories and share with the cross functional teams
- Collaborate with product and merchandising teams to build full color roundups based off seasonal color and print palettes
- Partner with design counterparts to ensure owned collections cross-merchandise with larger softgoods direction
- Utilize category specific color cards to apply color to product
- Enter design driven details & colors within PLM and internal tracking systems
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure designs meet the intended goals
- Maintain tech packs & roundups and ensure proper handover to development according to timelines
- Assist designers on special projects during busy periods
- Manage product and relationships with outside creative agencies as needed
- Participate in proto reviews to ensure products are commercially ready
- Work in a collaborative team environment
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- Degree with a product design related focus, or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and visually articulate design driven concepts
- Ability to work on projects with multiple timelines and remain calm under pressure
- Self-motivator who can work independently as well as collaboratively
- Expertise in the use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Passion for the outdoor industry and snowboarding in general
- Working knowledge of material and construction techniques
- Accessories design experience a plus
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired. If living in Burlington is not an option, we are absolutely open to candidates living in/working from other locations (in the US). In this scenario, we would expect the person hired to generally be available during eastern time-zone hours.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Designer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.