Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 762
Position Title: Data Engineer
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
As a Data Engineer, you will play a key role in growing and transforming our operational and analytics landscape. In addition to your strong analytical mind, you will bring your inquisitive attitude and ability to translate stories found in data by leveraging a variety of data programming techniques. You will leverage your ability to design, build and deploy data solutions that capture, explore, transform, and utilize data to support Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and business intelligence/insights.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our global offices.
What You Get to Do:
- Build and operationalize complex data solutions, correct problems, apply transformations, and recommending data cleansing/quality solutions.
- Design complex data solutions
- Perform analysis of complex sources to determine value and use and recommend data to include in analytical processes.
- Incorporate core data management competencies including data governance, data security and data quality.
- Collaborate within and across teams to support delivery and educate end users on complex data products/analytic environment.
- Perform data and system analysis, assessment and resolution for complex defects and incidents and correct as appropriate.
- Test data movement, transformation code, and data components.
- Experience with Informatica MDM
- Experience with configure Match and Merge and refining match rules based on business requirement and data specification.
- Experience with Web services and understanding of micro services architecture, experience integrate with MDM real time service.
- Basic understanding of Agile preferred.
- Basic understanding of DevOps preferred.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solver who ensures solutions are built for the long term, canresolve new issues, recognizes mistakes using them as learning and teaching opportunities and consistently breaks down large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Communication - Strong communicator who possesses the ability to articulate information clearly and concisely with the business, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members as both a mentor and mentee
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM related field or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- 4 years of data engineering or equivalent experience / 5+ years of related experience
- Highly proficient use of tools, techniques, and manipulation including Cloud platforms, programming languages, and a full understanding of modern software engineering practices.
- The position does not require any travel.
- This position is in a typical, stationary office setting. Over 80% of the day will be spent sitting in 1 location.
Please submit an application with resume and cover letter on why you want to work for Burton. Applicants identified for first round selections will be provided with “Your Burton Timeline” encompassing what your work in this role will entail within 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months on the job. Other steps may include questions via email to gain further insight into your experience, an informal phone call to connect on details of the role/ask questions, and one or more formal interviews via Zoom.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.