Hardgoods Product R&D
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 767
Position Title: Product Developer I
This role will be a member of Burton’s Global Product department responsible for prototyping and developing innovative concepts for future commercial products. It is this team’s collective responsibility to design and develop solutions for new products within our Boards, Boots, Bindings, Helmets, and Goggles product lines, along with some crossover support with Softgoods development.
What You Get to Do:
Conceive, ideate, fabricate, design, develop, build, test, evaluate, and iterate concepts to deliver innovative solutions for future products. You will be an integral part of the product development process as the team brings an idea from conception through the design/development process before delivering a validated solution to our commercialization team to scale and manufacture for commercial release.
This role, within the Hardgoods Research and Development Team, will leverage your current skills, knowledge, curiosity, and creativity to develop new products through the use of our Rapid Prototyping Lab, Machine Shop, Board Protoshop, and Testing Lab. The ability to quickly and competently design in the digital space will be paramount to the success of this role.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Proven ability to model, design, and develop product through CAD or other digital tools
- Diverse skillsets with competencies in fabrication, prototyping, and ‘tinkering’
- Ability to ideate with references from various extrinsic products or industries that can be applied to solving new challenges within snowboard products
- Creative, inquisitive mindset and shown ability to think outside-the-box in order to solve problems and troubleshoot solutions
- Ability to quickly conceive, prototype, evaluate, and revise ideas and concepts to drive innovative solutions
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Fervent curiosity for new methods or solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate and articulate ideas, concepts, and design direction
- Shown ability to work within a team as well as independently and proactively
- A broad understanding of outdoor and snow industries with a passion for snowboarding
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired.
Community / Marketing Title: Hardgoods Product R&D
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.