Executive Assistant to the CEO
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 774
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant, Chill Global
Chill exists to ensure youth have the skills and experiences to become mindful, independent, and resilient individuals who instinctively view any challenge as a growth opportunity; to bridge the boardsport and outdoor opportunity gap and foster a sense of belonging within a cool, authentic, and alternative culture; and to create inclusive space and meaningful experiences for youth from marginalized communities and intersecting identities, of all races, sexual orientations, gender identities, socio-economic backgrounds, and more.
How does Chill achieve this?
Revolving around a core value-driven curriculum, Chill programs consist of experiential learning activities, reflection, and discussion, paired with board sport lessons. Chill’s six core values provide youth with a foundation and framework for learning and growth, supported and enhanced through on-board progression and adult mentorship. Chill removes all barriers to accessing boardsports by providing participants with everything they need to get after it, at absolutely no cost. New skills gained through boardsport progression and core-value exploration are then directly applied to everyday life, challenging youth to step out of their comfort zone – both on and off their board.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO provides comprehensive executive support in a close partnership with the CEO, and enables the CEO to ensure Chill can do its very best for our youth and successfully pursue our mission every day. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
This position is year-round, salaried/exempt, 40 hours/week, $48,000 to $52,000 with benefits. Benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), access to an employee assistance plan, parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
This is a fully remote position and candidates must live within the contiguous United States. While candidates from all time zones are encouraged to apply, please note that the Executive Assistant will be required to work during 9am to 5pm Eastern Time.
What You Get to do:
Executive Support (80%)
- Provide sophisticated, proactive calendar and email management. Prioritize inquiries and requests, draft and send responses on behalf of CEO, troubleshoot conflicts, schedule timely work-blocks, ensure CEO time is allocated to the highest priorities.
- Provide daily priorities management: maintain CEO task list and daily priorities; share documents to review ahead of meetings; synthesize meeting notes into actionable tasks and projects with clear timelines.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings and maintain Board calendar; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; record meeting minutes for Committee meetings. Ensure all Board documents are properly filed and accessible to members.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: preparing documents, reports, and presentations for meetings with staff and outside parties; attending select meetings, taking notes and ensuring follow through; composing and preparing correspondence; assisting with special projects; assisting in coordination of the agenda for senior leadership team meetings, all-staff meetings, and in-person retreats; coordinating in-person retreats including group travel, food and accommodations arrangements; making travel arrangements and completing expense reports for CEO.
- Support CEO with high profile donor/funder relations and track relationship developments in database.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Chill Global Coordination (20%)
- Coordinate communication and meetings between Chill Global staff and Chill/Burton country-level contacts outside of US/Canada.
- Consolidate information from Chill countries outside of US/Canada and create reports on status of programs and finances.
- Lead on coordination of all meetings of Chill country-level Boards of Directors including scheduling, materials, minutes, and follow-up items.
- Ensure all Chill Global documents and records are accurately filed and accessible.
- Conduct research as needed to advance goals of Chill Global.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Passion for Chill’s mission and demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in personal and professional spheres.
- Five (5) years’ experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three (3) years’ experience working in assistance to senior staff.
- Proven ability to use outstanding interpersonal, political navigation, and communication skills to build strong relationships and negotiate challenging situations with diverse groups of people, including senior executives, Board members staff, donors, and external partners.
- Highly detail-oriented with strong project management and organization skills; able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks seamlessly with little or no guidance.
- High level of integrity and proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Expert-level verbal and written communication skills; strong research skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Comfortable in a high performing, fast-paced organization; demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite including basic Excel proficiency and ability to update PowerPoint presentations for the CEO in an accurate and timely manner; experience with donor/sales CRM preferred.
- This position is a stationary role that requires, on average, over 95% of weekly working hours in front of a laptop.
- As per Burton guidelines, all job applicants must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination or a certified medical exemption to be eligible to be hired. Candidates must provide Covid-19 vaccination proof or a medical exemption to Chill’s People & Culture Manager if invited to a screening interview.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed for this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required. All duties are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above description is not considered a contract between the employee and the employer and does not change the at-will status of employees.
Submit resume and cover letter on why you want to work in this role. A cover letter is required for application to this this position. Next steps may include a screening phone call with the Chill People & Culture team to connect on details of the role/ask questions, and one or more formal interviews via Zoom.
Chill is committed to building an inclusive team, and strongly encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities to apply. We will prioritize filling this position with qualified candidates who reflect our youth through lived experience as someone from a marginalized community or with diverse and intersecting identities, including race, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, and other intersecting identities.
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.