Partnerships and Sponsorship Strategist
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 776
Position Title: Global Team Manager
We are currently looking to hire a new member to the Global Brand Marketing Team, who enjoys networking and building relationships. In this role, you will be responsible for managing strategic brand relationships with organizations that align with Burton’s brand purpose and objectives.
The ultimate goal is to leverage strategic brand partnerships to drive consumer affinity and reach defined revenue targets.
This role will report to the Director of Global Partnerships and work closely with cross-functional marketing peers.
What you get to do:
- Work closely with Director of Global Partnerships to develop new and deepen existing partnerships
- Manage day-to-day relationships, including: building out and fulfilling deal points in collaboration with cross functional marketing, creative, and product teams
- Work closely with the Brand Marketing Team to conceptualize, plan and execute each sponsor's on-site presence at Burton brand marketing projects (activations, media projects, events, campaigns).
- Oversee the creation of pitch decks, forecasts, and recap reports for partners
- Placing product orders
- Overseeing invoicing and collection of fees
- Consultation, coordination and management on event/content logistics as it relates to sponsors’ on-site activation
- Serving as the liaison between the partner and Brand Team
- Creation, dissemination and collection of partner planning guides for all Burton activations and programs
- Managing the approval process for sponsors for all creative projects
Working with the brand marketing team (Social, PR, Events, Content, Athlete) to conceptualize, plan and execute each sponsor's on site presence at Burton brand marketing projects (activations, media projects, events, campaigns).
What You’ll bring to the team
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing client relations and/or customer service
- Proven track-record in developing, leveraging, negotiating with, and stewarding partners
- Creative thinker and strong concepting skills
- Strong accounting and data collection skills
- Goal oriented
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple on-going projects at the same time (prioritizing objectives and managing a high-volume of work)
- Team player who is detail-oriented, meets deadlines and believes in setting and working towards goals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels including peers, partners and sponsors.
- Ability to create and implement new processes where needed
- Must be available to work an extended schedule, including weekends, early mornings, evenings and holidays according to demands of the role and tasks
- This position is full-time
- Effective communicator with the ability to actively listen, interpret, and act on what’s being communicated
- Sincere interest in action sports and/or the outdoor industry
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including a strong command of Excel and Power Point
Community / Marketing Title: Partnerships and Sponsorship Strategist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.