3D Apparel Technical Design Intern
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 780
Position Title: Intern
As a 3D Apparel Technical Design Intern, you will work closely with the Technical Design team to build a solid infrastructure for efficient use of CLO 3D software. Utilizing CLO, you will digitally sew 2D patterns into 3D garments, apply trims, and add points of measure. You will collaborate with the Creative and Product Development teams to prepare and render CLO 3D garments for internal presentations.
What You Get to Do:
- Use your knowledge of CLO 3D software to virtually sew block garments and assign points of measure.
- Create or update block size charts in PLM software.
- Add 3D images to block styles in PLM.
- Add fabrics, trims, topstitching, labels, graphics, logos, and/or color to virtual garments in CLO.
- Render CLO 3D garments for use in internal presentations.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design, Patternmaking, Apparel Production, or related.
- Patternmaking and sewing knowledge.
- Experience working in CLO 3D software required – show us your portfolio!
- Knowledge of 2D patternmaking software.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office.
- Exposure to PLM, OneDrive, or SharePoint is a plus but not necessary.
- An aesthetic sense and an eye for proportion and scale.
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and timely follow-through.
- A deadline-driven mindset with a proactive approach to problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to cultivate respectful team and cross-functional relationships.
Community / Marketing Title: 3D Apparel Technical Design Intern
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.