Global Operations Analyst
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 781
Position Title: Global Supply Chain Support Specialist
The Global Operations Analyst will assist in maintaining a healthy balance of new and aged inventory within the global supply chain and optimizing customer fulfillment within each region. They will actively participate in cross-departmental and inter-regional initiatives and conversations involving inventory balancing, forecasting, and distribution planning.
Must be detail oriented, open to learning and possess exceptional process management skills. Ability to independently work a flexible shift in a fast paced environment with constantly changing demands required. The analyst must be able to prioritize several different responsibilities while maintaining a keen focus on details and hitting deadlines. Must be comfortable working in a cross-functional role with frequent interdepartmental communication.
What You Get to Do:
- Producing, maintaining, and executing on the established seasonal reporting cadence. This includes finished goods inventory reporting, production and WIP reporting, sourcing and allocation reporting, and purchasing reporting with a focus on actuals vs. plan, year-to-date, and year-over-year comparisons
- Inventory Balancing: Responsible for balancing inventory across vendor purchase orders and physical stock transfers to ensure best overall order fulfillment for all global customers. Will work closely with Supply Planning to ensure changes are communicated with vendors and purchases orders updated in a timely manner.
- Risk Analysis: Will be responsible for analyzing orders that will be at risk of cancellation, coordination of global airfreight requirements and associated timelines, and oversold inventory situations. This position will also be required to provide situational recommendations to determine best course of action through cost-benefit analysis.
- Collaborate with the team responsible for Order Management and Customer Fulfillment in all regions. Optimize order fulfillment utilizing customer priorities to ensure timely delivery and inventory allocation.
- Manage customer specific PO allocation process for value added services, drop ship, and other Purchase Orders.
- Highlight potential missed opportunities regarding inventory positions using systems driven reporting and customer feedback, collaborate with internal stakeholders to improve forecasting for both wholesale and Direct to Consumer channels.
- Provide SKU count forecasting for DC optimization and fixed space reduction initiatives; validate on-hand inventory projections in SRI reports.
- Partner with the Global Direct to Consumer teams to assist with long term inventory fulfillment needs for Flagship, Ecommerce, and Outlet channels providing inventory forecasts and trends.
- Analyze inventory availability issues, develop and evaluate solutions, and communicate recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Additional duties may be assigned as dictated by the needs of the business.
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- This position requires 1-3 years of analyst experience or equivalent
- Bachelor degree in business, supply chain management, or applicable field required
- Experience with SAP and Business Intelligence or similar ERP preferred but not required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Willingness to continuously learn and problem solve in evolving team environment
- A pre-existing knowledge of the snowboard industry is a plus
- Some overnight travel may be required
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired. If living in Burlington is not an option, we are absolutely open to candidates living in/working from other locations (in the US). In this scenario, we would expect the person hired to generally be available during eastern time-zone hours
Community / Marketing Title: Global Operations Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.