Retention Marketing Intern
Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 783
Position Title: Intern
We are currently looking to hire a Retention Marketing Intern who enjoys identifying new opportunities to positively engage new and existing customers. In this role, you will be responsible for the coordination and execution of acquisition and retention initiatives, specifically focused on our new First Chair Loyalty Program while working to grow the overall database size and increase LTV and retention rates to ensure business goals are met, along with day-to-day tasks required by the Americas Growth Marketing team.
What You Get to Do:
- Assist with the day-to-day execution of First Chair Loyalty activations across all marketing channels – specifically focusing on retention campaigns for existing members within the Clutch platform communicated via email.
- Work closely with Retention Marketing Lead to brainstorm and implement new ways to increase LTV and CRM by delivering segments of customers relevant content and product.
- Partner with cross-functional internal teams including Marketing Strategy, Merchandising and Retail to develop and effectively execute campaigns.
- Consistently bring ideas to the table by researching and optimizing new tactics to drive new and existing customer engagement in alignment with the Brand. Research new program benefits within the retail, outdoor and sports industry to bring new ideas to build customer and loyalty database with increased outbound interactions
- Support daily operations for retention marketing plans with campaign launches and internal program optimizations.
- Responsible for maintaining a constantly evolving Loyalty Marketing Calendar while owning the execution process from creative requests and Clutch rule/email building to campaign reporting.
- Analyze and report on campaign performance, create and implement strategies (segmentation, triggers, flows, A/B tests) to improve KPI’s and help to ensure a seamless customer journey across all platforms.
- Optimize loyalty offers, partnering with the insights and analytics team to test new customer segments and specific offers to maximize engagement and profitability.
- Help to write and proofread customer-facing copy for clarity, grammar, spelling and alignment while adhering to brand guidelines.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and consult with IT or vendor technical support to implement solutions to ensure timely launches/implementations of new functionalities and promotions.
- Submit owned invoices and track through to payment to ensure processing in a timely manner.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 0-2 years of corporate experience
- Prior internship experience a plus
- Students majoring or recently graduated with a degree in Business, Marketing or Advertising
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written communication, organizational skills and attention to details.
- Able to work independently and with a team in a fast paced environment.
- A positive attitude and passion for snowboarding and the outdoors.
Community / Marketing Title: Retention Marketing Intern
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.