Location: Burlington, Vermont, United States
Requisition Number: 787
Position Title: Intern
The Accounting Internship position is a short-term entry-level position within the Finance department at Burton Snowboards. Eligible candidates will be a recent graduate, or a college student currently enrolled in a relevant college program within an accounting or business degree program. The Accounting Intern will be responsible for various tasks including but not limited to assisting the accounting group with reconciliation projects, assisting with various compliance filings, help with audit support, and other various tasks as needed. The position requires the ability to move from task to task which will vary by day. The Accounting Intern will report to the Assistant Controller.
What You Get to Do:
- Shadow members of the accounting department as they complete their day-to-day duties.
- Handle confidential financial information on a daily basis with integrity and honesty.
- Assist with reconciliations of data from various sources.
- Assist with documentation of processes and procedures.
- Assist with data input into various accounting systems at Burton.
- Assist with manual footing, cross footing, and recalculation of financial statements.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy.
- Support Accounting and Finance teams as needed, as well as other groups within Burton as needed.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- General knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Excel and MS Word preferred, but not required.
- Ability to prioritize and undertake multiple and diverse activities, adhering to deadlines.
- Display exceptional organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Display creative problem solving.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Intern
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.