Senior Designer Brand Creative
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 791
Position Title: Designer II - Softgoods
As a member of the Burton Brand Creative team, the Senior Designer is responsible for translating brand objectives and concepts into innovative design solutions. Key to this role is the ability to take a concept and envision how to visually communicate it in a way that is authentic to Burton’s identity and brand values while driving business goals. The Senior Designer guides creative teams on projects from concept to execution, ensuring excellence, consistency, and quality of design-thinking throughout the creative process.
In this role, you will work on projects in collaboration with creative leaders, fellow designers, writers, producers, marketing strategists, and channel leads to develop and execute cohesive ideas across all channels. A deep knowledge and passion for design, motion, digital, typography, messaging, storytelling, and the overall brand experience are paramount to success in this role. You will inspire our creative team to find opportunities within challenges and drive a consumer-centric point of view in all bodies of work.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in living an active lifestyle, snowboard culture, the outdoors, art, music, fashion, and creating new experiences. Our crew thinks big and executes accordingly. This role is an opportunity to learn, grow, and play a key role on an industry-leading creative team.
We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries, and we are looking for those who can grow, think, and dream. Let’s create attitude.
What You Get to Do:
- Lead design projects from concept to market.
- Establish and maintain high standards for creative execution.
- Work closely with design leads and writers, as well as art and creative directors.
- Promote collaboration and innovation across all aspects of creative.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor the creative team to further develop their digital and traditional design skills.
- Provide direction for action, lifestyle and studio photo/video shoots around the globe partnering with world class photographers and videographers.
- Work with athletes, ambassadors, and members of the Burton community to bring the brand to life through inspiring visuals.
- Manage day-to-day creative needs and ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met while staying on-brand, on-time, and on-budget.
- Continuously seek ways to improve processes and capabilities of the creative team.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Minimum of 5-8 years of creative experience with expert-level discipline and knowledge in the areas of creative standards, print, motion, digital, graphic design, concepting, UX, typography, color theory, composition, illustration, and content development.
- Experience leading large scale, multi-faceted, multi-platform creative projects.
- Ability to communicate strategy behind style, message, and approach.
- Communication and presentation expertise.
- A systematic approach and the ability to work in many different styles (hand-drawn to digital).
- Expertise in the use and adaptation of design software including Adobe Creative Suite and Figma.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and calmly under pressure.
- Laser-sharp attention to detail.
- Solutions-oriented mindset for improving processes, resolving conflicts, and achieving goals.
- Proactively manage feedback and criticism.
- Ability to collaborate within a team as well as independently and proactively.
**Must submit a portfolio or link to online portfolio with your application.**
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Designer Brand Creative
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.