Athletes & Ambassador Marketing Manager Europe
Requisition Number: 847
In our headquarters in Innsbruck, we are currently looking for a:
ATHLETES & AMBASSADOR MARKETING MANAGER EUROPE
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION ARE:
- Execute and collaborate on the Global Athlete and Ambassador strategy and propose and manage the Burton Europe’s team of athletes and ambassadors.
- Oversee sample orders and PO placement to ensure riders and ambassadors have the correct season’s product to wear throughout the year. Ensure all products are shipped to riders in timely manner, and within team and ambassadors’ budget.
- Track and evaluate athletes and ambassadors marketing performances through defined KPI’s to be measured through digital tools such as Hookit, Greenfly, etc.
- Plan, organize, and execute the Ambassador Program marketing strategy to ensure external awareness for the Ambassador Program.
- Plan travel and logistics for contests, events, tours, activations, and photoshoots, while providing on-site support to guarantee rider’s needs are being met, their obligations are being fulfilled, and our brand is represented at the highest possible level.
- Scout and recruit new athletes, from up-and-coming talent to top tier professional snowboarders. Negotiate athlete contracts at or under the budget approved by Global Team Management.
- Provide guidance and support for national team rosters in European territories (Central Europe, Scandinavia, France, and Italy).
ESSENTIALS FOR THIS ROLE ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education experience. A focus in business, marketing or communication is encouraged.
- 2 – 3 years of athlete management experience.
- True expertise in market value for athletes, negotiation tactics with agents, and the highest-level grasp of all that is going on in snowboarding.
- Finger on the pulse of snowboarding - absolute expert in knowing who’s coming up, who’s making a name for themselves, who rides for what brands, who’s filming with who, and must be able to create relationships where necessary.
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms required. Experience with Hookit, Greenfly, SAP, MS applications, Trello and Slack are a plus.
- Full proficiency in English (verbal and written skills). Any other language will be considered a plus.
- Availability to travel in Europe (estimated amount of travel is 50% of a calendar year).
- A strategic position at the global market leader in the snowboard lifestyle industry
- Very good team spirit, flat hierarchies, shared outdoor activities and space to learn & develop
- A multinational team, in a modern and pet friendly office, located in the heart of the Alps
- Flexible working hours and work location
- Competitive, rewarding compensation package, depending on your qualifications and experience
- Many other additional benefits including product discounts, outdoor days, a seasonal snowboard, gym membership, season pass contribution, company events, etc.
We are looking forward to receiving your English CV and cover letter online at jobs.burton.com!
Community / Marketing Title: Athletes & Ambassador Marketing Manager Europe
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.