Location: New York, NY, USA
Requisition Number: 875
Position Title: Retail Assistant Store Manager
Snowboarding is a social sport, and as part of this team, you will be the direct connection between customers and our brand in your local community. We are passionate about riding, knowledgeable about our products, and above all, excited to share this passion and expertise with our customers. Our stores are designed to tell our compelling brand story, while offering a welcoming environment to experienced riders, beginners to the sport, and newcomers to the brand and lifestyle alike.
We are looking for a qualified Full-Time Assistant Store Manager. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for assisting in the overall performance of their retail location. Responsibilities include store set-up and merchandising, training of staff, ensuring the highest standards for customer experience, inventory control and engaging the local community through special events and partnerships.
What You Get to Do.
- Provide a superior customer experience for all Burton guests
- Support management in daily operations (opening & closing the store) and achieving store sales
- Assist in ensuring all merchandise programs are fully implemented and executed; manage presentation in the store to create an exciting shopping environment that meets or exceeds customers’ expectations
- Ensure all operational processes and policies are always followed and maintained
- Assist in coaching, teaching, training, and developing team employees to their maximum
- Provide input to identify growth opportunities and competitive challenges directly to the Store Manager
- Comply with all Burton procedures in meeting sales goals and protecting company assets
- Execute on both in-store and remote events to build your community, drive foot traffic into the store, invite new customers to the brand, and achieve sales targets
- Assist in coaching, teaching, training, and developing team employees
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- 1-3 years of Retail experience in a large volume retail environment, preferably in a comparable position
- A positive, outgoing personality to bring the Burton passion to top levels
- Strong operational, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong knowledge and background of snowboarding products and their application
- Ability to proficiently operate a Windows based system, NewStore POS system experience preferred
- Passion for prototyping new ways of doing things, drive to challenge oneself, and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Continually able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service and loss prevention
- Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, and store merchandising
- Continually able to walk up and down staircase, carrying boxes, product, and other necessary store related items
- Ability to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean
- Ability to safely lift boxes up to 50lbs
- Comfortable climbing ladders
- Comfortable with wearing a mask for entire shift
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.