Seasonal Sales & Marketing Assistant
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Requisition Number: 938
Position Title: Sales & Marketing Assistant
We are looking for a qualified seasonal sales and marketing assistant. As sales and marketing assistant you will work directly with the Area Manager(s) to support all aspects of Burton’s regional business. Our team is responsible for regional sales, marketing, and events. This position interacts with all divisions of Burton, and our wholesale partners. As a result this position is very dynamic, no two work days will be the same. This position starts at $20/hour.
Duration of seasonal employment: Oct 1, 2022 through March 31, 2023
Territory Covered: New England -Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island. Mid Atlantic – New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania.
What You Get to Do:
- Work with Area managers to help implement best in class standards for retail merchandising, digital marketing support, and event execution.
- Contribute to all aspects of the regional Burton experience including direct & wholesale support, event creation and execution, and day to business functions.
- Lead the charge on regional events focusing on our goals of becoming a digital first, customer centric, retailer of the future.
- Stay up to date with the industry, our brand, product knowledge, and regional snow sports trends. In this position you will also get the opportunity to see and try future product.
- The sales & marketing assistant is responsible for showroom readiness, storage area organization, and inventory management.
- Be one of the first to try next season’s gear.
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- 1-3 years of retail, B2B sales, and/or marketing experience, preferably in a comparable position.
- A positive, outgoing personality to embody Burton’s brand values, attitude and ethos.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge and background of snowboarding products and their application.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to proficiently operate a Windows based operating system.
- Passion for prototyping new ways of doing things, drive to challenge oneself, and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work a dynamic schedule, including when necessary, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Continually able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service and loss prevention.
- Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, and store merchandising.
- Continually able to walk up and down staircases, carrying boxes, product, and other related items.
- Ability to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, cleaning, etc.
- Ability to safely lift boxes up to 50lbs.
Community / Marketing Title: Seasonal Sales & Marketing Assistant
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.